VIN # to Production

zoomlmk

Hi, I just got my VIN # yesterday for a 2009 FEH (Vehicle ordered June 12th) and was wondering if anybody knew the approximate time from getting a VIN # to the vehicle being produced? I know it's not an exact science, but I'm just curious as to about how long it might be. Thanks!!!

Hi, I just got my VIN # yesterday for a 2009 FEH (Vehicle ordered June 12th) and was wondering if anybody knew the approximate time from getting a VIN # to the vehicle being produced? I know it's not an exact science, but I'm just curious as to about how long it might be. Thanks!!!

Using the publicly available information from ViperPilot's VIN tracking forum (which ended about September 25), I was able to come up with the attached PDF table showing various FEH/FEHL vehicles from order Receipt Date to Produced Date.

As you can see, it's all over the map in terms of the correlation between Receipt Date and Produced Date. It's too small a sample to be statistically representative of all 2009 Ford Escape Hybrids. Draw your own conclusions.

Receipt_Date_to_Produced_Date.pdf

Edited by fmorriso

Using the publicly available information from ViperPilot's VIN tracking forum (which ended about September 25), I was able to come up with the attached PDF table showing various FEH/FEHL vehicles from order Receipt Date to Produced Date.

As you can see, it's all over the map in terms of the correlation between Receipt Date and Produced Date. It's too small a sample to be statistically representative of all 2009 Ford Escape Hybrids. Draw your own conclusions.

And for this very reason there is no more tracking of vin #'s for anyone else. You just don't get it and you simply never will.

Many people don't get it. Why don't you use your infinite knowledge and explain to us Green Lantern.

Don't be too hard on GL, he's just one of several of us who don't like the fact that fmorisso's obnoxiousness drove ViperPilot to give up on helping people out by tracking their car production schedule as a courtesy service. :finger:

Many people don't get it. Why don't you use your infinite knowledge and explain to us Green Lantern.

I don't have infinite wisdom bud. But I do know what behavior on here by a poster pushed ViperPilot to quit tracking vehicles for others so you may want to take it up with them. Luckily my vehicle was received prior to this reaching the boiling point. I feel very bad for the folks that are still waiting because I was in the wait mode once too but bitching about it all over the board does not help it. And of course the post above was not a 'bitching' comment but if you have been reading this forum all summer you know what has been going on. If you haven't then kick up your feet and read around and you will see it all. Again, I am sorry for those waiting but the constant innuendos are not helping anyone.

Edited by Green Lantern

I don't have infinite wisdom bud. But I do know what behavior on here but a poster pushed ViperPilot to quit tracking vehicles for others so you may want to take it up with them. Luckily my vehicle was received prior to this reaching the boiling point. I feel very bad for the folks that are still waiting because I was in the wait mode once too but bitching about it all over the board does not help it. And of course the post above was not a 'bitching' comment but if you have been reading this forum all summer you know what has been going on. If you haven't then kick up your feet and read around and you will see it all. Again, I am sorry for those waiting but the constant innuendos are not helping anyone.

Ha! I beat you to it. :happy feet:

Ha! I beat you to it. :happy feet:

LOL..you sure did...even before I could correct my type.

Zoom...hopefully your wait will not be too bad but for some reason it looks like there has been some kind of hold at the plant that has not been explained. There will be some that will tie this to some form of conspiracy but I would caution you against that (at least just yet ;) ). Instead, I would just try to learn as much as you can about your vehicle by reading the manuals online and reading what other posters here are saying about their 2009 vehicles. I assure you that you will say it was worth the wait when you get it. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. My daughter is hoping this becomes hers when she turns 16 in 4 years.

Based on what I've seen in the forum here, timing varies and is dependent on a number of factors (dealer allocations, State where the vehicle is ordered, manufacturer production scheduling, etc.). I ordered my '09 MMH on 8/4/08 from a small central California dealership. The dealer notified me on 9/16/08 that my vehicle is scheduled to be built on or about 10/20/08, and I received the VIN from the dealer on 9/29/08. So, from receipt of VIN to the date the vehicle is scheduled to be built, about three weeks. Your mileage may vary. Hope this helps, and good luck with your new FEH!

Edited by MarcusMariner

Don't be too hard on GL, he's just one of several of us who don't like the fact that fmorisso's obnoxiousness drove ViperPilot to give up on helping people out by tracking their car production schedule as a courtesy service. :finger:

I disagree, if fmorisso's was the reason for ViporPilot to stop posting tracking, he would have responded to my last post on GH. ViperPilot claims he has many family connections with Ford, and I think he does. No matter, I've been to the highest courts in the Nation myself in a lawsuits! Way to much ass kissing GL. If ViperPilot thinks he knows the truth about people, he doesn't. He is not posting tracking for other reasons.

Thanks Mariner and GL for the input. Yes, patience is a virtue and it seems I need some more of it. It's just so frustrating....my dealership led me to believe that the vehicle would arrive in August and now it's October with at least another month to go according to posters on this forum. Thanks again....it'll make getting the vehicle that much sweeter I guess. Cheers,

Zoom

I disagree, if fmorisso's was the reason for ViporPilot to stop posting tracking, he would have responded to my last post on GH. ViperPilot claims he has many family connections with Ford, and I think he does. No matter, I've been to the highest courts in the Nation myself in a lawsuits! Way to much ass kissing GL. If ViperPilot thinks he knows the truth about people, he doesn't. He is not posting tracking for other reasons.

When I read your response on GH, I didn't read it as you needed a response; not to mention (as I stated in that thread) that I wasn't going to make any further off-topic posts in the thread.

I already stated, both here and there, that when people start making spreadsheets and making threats to sue dealers using the information I provide for them, it puts my job at risk. What I really should have done was just deleted that person's posts from the tracking forum and put him on ignore, but didn't because I was trying to be helpful until I lost all patience with him.

I already told you, the last person that did the tracking before me was nearly FIRED. What don't you understand about this? Hmmm...jeopardize your job for helping strangers, that's something that would be a hard sell to your wife and family. Did you google "Kzinti Ford" like I asked?

While you may think this is entirely over the FEH issues, the reality is that the FEHs are a very small portion of overall sales. I already said that I have no concrete info as to the delays, so it's not like I'm giving away any trade secrets there. If I don't know, I don't know. The FEH issue has nothing to do with people waiting for other Ford vehicles, why am I not tracking those?

In the end, I don't really give a flying frack if you believe me or not. If you want to stick your head in the sand (or any darker place) and make your own theories, that's your choice. I just can't be a party to it anymore.

You have my trust now regarding the Escape delay, and here is what I would have done since you ask.

When I read the silly "Danger" post a while back, I didn't feel it was directed at you. We all know the data you get off the Ford computer is not your fault or anything you have control of. You have been providing a service customers rarely find out, that helps customers determine when and if they got what they ordered and a close date it will arrive. I've advised the "Danger" poster and others to just forget the order and find one on a lot. If I felt a poster was putting my job at risk with the threats, I would have address that in a warning or discontinued your tracking services to him. This would have put others on notice of your concerns. Punishing the other customers and possible Ford sales is why I posted my concerns about your dropping the tracking service. The timing of the Escape delays caused me to try and further justify your reasoning. Also, I have highly recommended the '09 FEH/MMH and more than a few were tracking and would have been tracking their orders though you. Just yesterday I confirmed that the '09 FEH AWD could be pulled behind an RV all wheels down. After confirming that it could, I think we sold another unit because he couldn't find the information he needed anywhere.

http://www.hybridcars.com/forums/can...-be-towed.html

As one earlier post here expressed concerns, we don't know if the delay will cause those of us that have already purchased further issues. Hopefully Ford will provide more information about the delay so we won't have to keep guessing.

GaryG

This is your last post in that thread at GH. I'm still looking to see where there is a question or statement in there that needed a response. I just don't see it.

ViperPilot claims he has many family connections with Ford,

And to clarify, my actual quote was:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=408524

Personally, if it were me and the dealer refused to honor the original price I would tell him to jam the car up his ass. Of course, I'm also in a position with enough contacts, family and friends that I daresay the dealer would lose far more than $1030 in sales in the next year.

Meaning, I know enough potential Ford customers in my area. Family members and friends that deal with my dealer because of my A/X plan sales, in that regards I am responsible directly for at least 8 Ford sales a year. I never once stated I have "family connections with Ford". You really need to start reading what people actually write instead of the words you are putting in their mouths. :redcard:

Edited by ViperPilot

Wow! I didn't realize I had the power to control other people and make them do things against their will.

If I understand correctly, using publicly available information voluntarily posted on the internet, coupled with some finely honed IT development skills used to develop a tracking system (for all of 42 vehicles as it turned out), I single handedly brought to an end the VIN tracking service.

To all who think such thoughts: get real. You are really only hurting yourself and your self respect when you give others the power to control you.

Edited by fmorriso

Sorry Gary but not kissing any ass here. What good would that do me? But I also am free to express my views on the matter since everyone else does also. And on this topic you and I simply will not agree it appears.

And fmorriso...I highly doubt you have the ability to make anyone do anything (see your dealer for further clarification). All you have the ability to do is try to take data that has been provided as a free service by someone on their free time for you and others and take this to try and compile some pattern that can be used to help you in your threatened lawsuit against your dealer. You have your supporters here and that is great. I will not be one of them. I feel bad that you have a crappy dealer because I think how he handled your situation is poor but I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with you because I believe you are someone that is never pleased and threatens action if you don't get your way.

Wow! I didn't realize I had the power to control other people and make them do things against their will.

You don't; you have barely enough control over your own actions.

I had asked you multiple times to cut out the conspiracy crap, that when I have some information I will pass it on. Your garbage in my PM inbox wasn't appreciated. You berating other posters that posted in your thread wasn't necessary because I have the ability to remove them; PMing me that you did so wasn't necessary. PMing me your spreadsheet wasn't necessary. I don't really care, it's like telling the paperboy about your hernia operation. Thanks for sharing -- I don't fracking care.

What I do care about is how you use the information, and how it affects my job. Finely honed IT skills? Give me a break, my 14-year-old can use an Excel spreadsheet.

Yes, you are almost single-handedly took down the tracking system, because you weren't happy with just getting the information, you went further to support your own theories and plan legal action. Kicking up crap made the system to hot to handle. When you get corporate email with the header "Reporting Suspected Violations of Law or Company Policy" it makes you re-examine the effect the service could have on your livelihood. If that inflates your already engorged sense of self-importance, then you truly are more selfish than you appear, because you had a hand in screwing it up for everyone after you.

I truly feel for the issue your having with your order; it's not that I'm unsympathetic. As I said, I tried to do what little I could to help you; what did it get me, exactly?

Everyone else "gets it". You don't.

And Gary, Green Lantern has no reason to "be a kiss ass"; he's got his vehicle already. Just because he perhaps understands the situation a little different than you do makes him a kiss ass?

I guess the old saying must be true:

"Everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion."

And Gary, Green Lantern has no reason to "be a kiss ass"; he's got his vehicle already. Just because he perhaps understands the situation a little different than you do makes him a kiss ass?

I guess the old saying must be true:

"Everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion."

Thanks again for the work you have done Viper Pilot ,very much appreciated in tracking my Escape, and thanks to all the idiots for having the tracking system closed down. :finger:

What Blueoval.com had going for it was people here like Ice-capades who provides information on the ordering process and ViperPilot who did provide tracking information. The FEH/MMH is the largest interest Ford has got going for it and Blueoval.com with the small Shelby community. Other than that, the new Fusion/Milan hybrid will add to this site when it becomes available.

The membership here was growing because of these two people and the information they provided. I have my '09 FEHL and have thanked Ice-capades and ViperPilot for their assistance, but I see few reasons now to recommend people to join Blueoval.com without tracking information. I've tried all I'm going to at this point to get ViperPilot to continue tracking, so I'm giving up at this point.

I was notified by my dealer in Florida on Sept 30 that they had received the vin# and that the car was to be built the 2nd week of Oct.

and should arrive by the end of Oct. or first week in Nov.

I was notified by my dealer in Florida on Sept 30 that they had received the vin# and that the car was to be built the 2nd week of Oct.

and should arrive by the end of Oct. or first week in Nov.

I too ordered mine on June 12th.