Saline ACH LLC FORD Plant Info.

irenedunne1fan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, they ARE paying the blue wages(ford) and paying the orange , nothing like paying someone to sit at home and paying someone else to work ? lol

oh yeah it makes great sense....LOL

RIGHT they are paying HIGHER paid BLUE to do the EASY sit-at-home, and they are paying to LOWER paid ORANGE to come-in-burn-gas and do the HARD work.

Strange but FORD says they NEED to save money, I'm sorry but this makes absolutly NO sense to me.

I guess I'M the Stupid one here, someone please help and explain further ! :(

RIGHT they are paying HIGHER paid BLUE to do the EASY sit-at-home, and they are paying to LOWER paid ORANGE to come-in-burn-gas and do the HARD work.

Strange but FORD says they NEED to save money, I'm sorry but this makes absolutly NO sense to me.

exactly. pay the blue to come in, and leave the orange on the street.

speaking of that, word is the orange were only told part time till jan 2nd, then the ax falls.

i could be wrong but the blue not working are not paid by the plant, where the orange are. so the plant isnt paying both.

I would think in a round about way , It still comes from Ford as they own it, despite what it is called . Ford motor co., Visteon, ACH,ect..

All that are in JSP are paid out of the JSP/SUB fund. So Saline would have a payroll with lower paid workers. Ford would still show the money leaving the JSP/SUB fund. They probably don't want to move anyone to Saline prior to the buyout window closing just in case there are employees that will sign up for the buyout believing they will never be placed at another facility. Ford workers will be coming to Saline, and some of them will have 20+ years of seniority.

All that are in JSP are paid out of the JSP/SUB fund. So Saline would have a payroll with lower paid workers. Ford would still show the money leaving the JSP/SUB fund. They probably don't want to move anyone to Saline prior to the buyout window closing just in case there are employees that will sign up for the buyout believing they will never be placed at another facility. Ford workers will be coming to Saline, and some of them will have 20+ years of seniority.
Do you know that Ford workers are returning For sure, or is it like your name? "justwishing" So far I have not heard anything factual, does anyone else have anything for sure?

Do you know that Ford workers are returning For sure, or is it like your name? "justwishing" So far I have not heard anything factual, does anyone else have anything for sure?

No I am not just wishing. I do not work at Saline. There is contractual language that allows for Ford employees at ACH locations to transfer to another ACH location. I never said that a Ford employee that left Saline would be allowed to come back to Saline. As a matter of fact, the Contract states that a Ford employee working at a Ford facility would not be surveyed for job openings at ACH locations. There is also some interesting language in regards to some transfers. Pick up a copy of the Master Agreement and read it.

No I am not just wishing. I do not work at Saline. There is contractual language that allows for Ford employees at ACH locations to transfer to another ACH location. I never said that a Ford employee that left Saline would be allowed to come back to Saline. As a matter of fact, the Contract states that a Ford employee working at a Ford facility would not be surveyed for job openings at ACH locations. There is also some interesting language in regards to some transfers. Pick up a copy of the Master Agreement and read it.
Just for the record, I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers, I was questioning your post of "FORD workers would be returning to Saline" what that meant & how do you know it is true, thats how I meant my reply.

exactly. pay the blue to come in, and leave the orange on the street.

speaking of that, word is the orange were only told part time till jan 2nd, then the ax falls.

I dont understand ?

Why would the AX fall on January 2, 2009?

Again...This Makes NO sense whatsoever...

Why not just name the Saline Plant "KELLY GIRLS TEMPORARY SERVICES"

I dont understand ?

i meant for the orange, they are being told they are done as of jan 2nd. why is this ?

saline has at least four more years.

No, absolutely not. Per the national agreement, Ford employees cannot transfer to ACH facilities, either voluntarily or involuntarily.

incorrect! ford employees working in ACH can transfer to ACH(especially when temps is involved) it is in the national contract.

now, Ford employees working in FORD plants can not transfer to ach plants.

I dont understand ?

If the plant left control of ACH, then they could name it whatever they wanted, but would have to have some form of agreement reached to cover the employees. As it stands now, the orange employees are Temporary Part Time employees. I believe there is about 800-900 orange employees at Saline. They can not just be let go without notice. There are laws that govern that. The WARN Act will have to be implemented as it was at the Monroe Plant. It caused alot of problems at Monroe. The orange employees could not be reduced for 60 days after the WARN Act was invoked. The orange employees could not be touched at all for 60 days after that. Has Saline management invoked the WARN notification. The clock starts ticking then. If they supplied the notification on 11/02/08, than the orange could not be reduced until 1/02/08. That is the law. I worked with orange employees at Monroe that wanted to be laid off during the two week shut down period, but could not because of the notification. It was very messy. As a matter of fact, Monroe just had some employees that transferred to Saline in the last week or so. These very same employees have already been identified once under the Warn Act. Ask one of them how this process works. They have already lived it once.

:stats: :stirpot::redcard:

If the plant left control of ACH, then they could name it whatever they wanted, but would have to have some form of agreement reached to cover the employees. As it stands now, the orange employees are Temporary Part Time employees. I believe there is about 800-900 orange employees at Saline. They can not just be let go without notice. There are laws that govern that. The WARN Act will have to be implemented as it was at the Monroe Plant. It caused alot of problems at Monroe. The orange employees could not be reduced for 60 days after the WARN Act was invoked. The orange employees could not be touched at all for 60 days after that. Has Saline management invoked the WARN notification. The clock starts ticking then. If they supplied the notification on 11/02/08, than the orange could not be reduced until 1/02/08. That is the law. I worked with orange employees at Monroe that wanted to be laid off during the two week shut down period, but could not because of the notification. It was very messy. As a matter of fact, Monroe just had some employees that transferred to Saline in the last week or so. These very same employees have already been identified once under the Warn Act. Ask one of them how this process works. They have already lived it once.

:stats: :stirpot::redcard:

If there are 800 to 900 Kelly Girls working at Saline then WHY the heck is any BLUE FORD workers that live near-by Laid off.

AGAIN this Makes NO SENSE.

If there are 800 to 900 Kelly Girls working at Saline then WHY the heck is any BLUE FORD workers that live near-by Laid off.

AGAIN this Makes NO SENSE.

Again ... this is NOT a Ford plant. What part of that doesn't make sense to you? The Ford employees that signed to transfer or flow back to other plants signed an irrevocable transfer. The orange employees are not Kelly Girls. They were hired under ACH to work at the ACH plant - as temporary employees, yes - but if/when a new buyer comes in, then they will be that plant's employees, except those Ford employees still left there that opt to stay with the new company.

Again ... this is NOT a Ford plant. What part of that doesn't make sense to you? The Ford employees that signed to transfer or flow back to other plants signed an irrevocable transfer. The orange employees are not Kelly Girls. They were hired under ACH to work at the ACH plant - as temporary employees, yes - but if/when a new buyer comes in, then they will be that plant's employees, except those Ford employees still left there that opt to stay with the new company.

AGAIN you are Speculating "WHAT NEW BUYER"

Oh yeah, Do you mean the "FEDERAL GOVERNMENT" referring to the 25 plus BILLION dollars they intend to LOAN them?

I dont understand.

I was honestly not trying to tick you off, I was only trying to point out that people keep forgetting - this is no longer a Ford plant. You're right - what buyer? I was not surprised JCI walked away, since they really never wanted the plant to begin with; Ford pressured them into buying it, and once the economy took a nosedive, JCI went running for the hills.

In all likelihood, if the economy doesn't turn around, this plant will not survive under any name or owner. I was only trying to clear up that (1) it is not a Ford plant, and (2) the orange employees are not Kelly Girls or whatever, they are employees trying to earn a living (and only getting $14/hour with very minimal benefits) to support their families just like all of us. Yes, they were hired as temporary, and yes, they know (or should know) they are temporary unless there is a buyer for the plant and it remains open.

We're all hurting here in Michigan and in the country, for that matter. I just hate seeing people pit workers against other workers. Yes, those orange employees are temporaries, but guess what - they pay union dues, just like the rest of us.