Cargo organizers for hybrids?

fmorriso

I'm looking for advice on cargo organizer "systems" for the floor of the back of my 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited.

I'm looking for a system with removable, adjustable anchor points that can lock down the containers to keep them from sliding around.

The ones in the back of the Ford brochure and the few I've found on the internet specifically exclude the hybrid editions. I'm going to take a SWAG that it has to do with the fact that a set of 330V batteries sit just underneath the cargo floor and that such "systems" might compromise the heating/cooling dynamics of those batteries.

I'm looking for advice on cargo organizer "systems" for the floor of the back of my 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited.

I'm looking for a system with removable, adjustable anchor points that can lock down the containers to keep them from sliding around.

The ones in the back of the Ford brochure and the few I've found on the internet specifically exclude the hybrid editions. I'm going to take a SWAG that it has to do with the fact that a set of 330V batteries sit just underneath the cargo floor and that such "systems" might compromise the heating/cooling dynamics of those batteries.

I don't think it has anything to do with the heating/cooling of the batteries. If that was the case I would think that there would not be cargo liners made for the hybrid models either.

I do believe the issue however is the batteries underneath and you do not want something going down through the cargo mat for an anchor point that could present a substantial risk to the integrity of the battery.

I would suggest looking for some cargo organizers that use a velcro like material that you can attach to the carpeted liner in the back of your FEH and use that as your 'anchor' for holding items in place. I have seen things such as this around in various dept stores and automotive stores. They are not designed for the FEH or any other specific vehicle but are made to be used as a universal type solution.

I don't think it has anything to do with the heating/cooling of the batteries. If that was the case I would think that there would not be cargo liners made for the hybrid models either.

I do believe the issue however is the batteries underneath and you do not want something going down through the cargo mat for an anchor point that could present a substantial risk to the integrity of the battery.

I would suggest looking for some cargo organizers that use a velcro like material that you can attach to the carpeted liner in the back of your FEH and use that as your 'anchor' for holding items in place. I have seen things such as this around in various dept stores and automotive stores. They are not designed for the FEH or any other specific vehicle but are made to be used as a universal type solution.

Thanks. I found one that is velcro based at Top Of The Line Motoring and Travel Accessories.

We ordered the black cargo liner with organizer, even though the book specifically said it was not for the hybrid. The lady said the reason the book stated it would not work in the hybrid was because you have to remove it to get to the battery. Well, we went to pick it up yesterday, and it would not fit! Apparently the left side has something (for the battery?) that takes up additional room that the non-hybrid Escape does not. However, she did show us that you can flip over the carpet and it has a rubbery finish on the other side. It's not a perfect fit, but good enough for us!