Sync Prompt Volume

zoomlmk

I couldnt agree more....The Sync/ Sirius combo is an awesome system that can do SO many things, but yet you cant adjust the voice prompt/ring volumes....THAT"S CRAZY !!!! If you have a sleeping child in the car, you can look for the the wife to get very upset.....

Hopefully someone at Ford is working on an update the address this issue....

I couldnt agree more....The Sync/ Sirius combo is an awesome system that can do SO many things, but yet you cant adjust the voice prompt/ring volumes....THAT"S CRAZY !!!! If you have a sleeping child in the car, you can look for the the wife to get very upset.....

Hopefully someone at Ford is working on an update the address this issue....

Sure you can. Start your car and then hit the sync button on your steering wheel and when Gertrude (my daughter's name for the Sync lady) says "Please say a command", turn the volume knob up or down to your liking. There are actually 3 ways (from page 35 of the navigation guide). You can find links to the manuals here.

ADJUSTING THE VOICE PROMPT

VOLUME

There are three different ways you can adjust the voice volume:

•When the system is speaking, turn the volume knob to decrease or increase the volume.

OR

1.Press the MENU hard button on the navigation system.

2.Select the ‘Feedback Settings’ tab.

3.Press + to increase or — to decrease the voice volume levels.

OR

1.Press VOICE on the steering wheel. A tone will sound followed by the prompt, “Please say a command.” Another tone will sound signaling the system is ready to accept your command.

2.Say “Voice volume decrease ”or“ Voice volume increase”.

Sure you can. Start your car and then hit the sync button on your steering wheel and when Gertrude (my daughter's name for the Sync lady) says "Please say a command", turn the volume knob up or down to your liking. There are actually 3 ways (from page 35 of the navigation guide). You can find links to the manuals here.

ADJUSTING THE VOICE PROMPT

VOLUME

There are three different ways you can adjust the voice volume:

•When the system is speaking, turn the volume knob to decrease or increase the volume.

OR

1.Press the MENU hard button on the navigation system.

2.Select the ‘Feedback Settings’ tab.

3.Press + to increase or — to decrease the voice volume levels.

OR

1.Press VOICE on the steering wheel. A tone will sound followed by the prompt, “Please say a command.” Another tone will sound signaling the system is ready to accept your command.

2.Say “Voice volume decrease ”or“ Voice volume increase”.

The first one works just for that voice instance. The second you press the voice activation button again the volume resets to super loud.

I do not have the navigation system and subsequently my SYNC system does not have the Feedback Settings tab.

I haven't tried the "Voice volume decrease" command yet and will have to do that. Something tells me it's the same thing as decreasing the volume with the - button, but we'll see. Thanks for the input though. If you go onto the sync my ride forums you'll find a thread on this subject and thus far nobody has found a way to fix it on a system w/o nav.

The first one works just for that voice instance. The second you press the voice activation button again the volume resets to super loud.

I do not have the navigation system and subsequently my SYNC system does not have the Feedback Settings tab.

I haven't tried the "Voice volume decrease" command yet and will have to do that. Something tells me it's the same thing as decreasing the volume with the - button, but we'll see. Thanks for the input though. If you go onto the sync my ride forums you'll find a thread on this subject and thus far nobody has found a way to fix it on a system w/o nav.

Ahh, no nav. Try this thread, it recommends the voice adjustment. I can't test it for you but it's worth a shot. If it works, spread the love and post the resolution here and on the owner to owner forum at SyncMyRide.com.