what is notch on passenger side console?

jgATL

Has anyone noticed there's a big notch on the FEH passenger side console that looks like it's meant to accommodate a mount? Any ideas on why this is there?

There is also one at the back of the center console. You can slip the smaller (about 4x6 inches and about 2 inches deep) of the two center console 'containers' into it. The larger 'container' will also fit in the rear slot, although no one would be able to sit in the rear center seat. Good if you want to use all the space in the center console, and not take the units out of the car. It is not mentioned anywhere I could find in the manual, and only one dealer out of the 3 I visited knew about it!

There is also one at the back of the center console. You can slip the smaller (about 4x6 inches and about 2 inches deep) of the two center console 'containers' into it. The larger 'container' will also fit in the rear slot, although no one would be able to sit in the rear center seat. Good if you want to use all the space in the center console, and not take the units out of the car. It is not mentioned anywhere I could find in the manual, and only one dealer out of the 3 I visited knew about it!

Ok now that is really cool! Just went out and tried it and I'm amazed Ford isn't marketing this as a "configurable" console. I was moaning to my wife about not having an ash tray to put trash in while we're on road trips and now I have an option.

I'll snap some pics tomorrow for the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

This feature was described when the redesign occurred for 2008, I believe.