It's hhheeeerrre.

vnmous1

Ordered X-Plan in May, built last month on the 21st...delivered to the dock here in Chicago on the 1st....didn't get moved to the dealer til today. Yowsah. So....first things first: FEHL FWD. Black Pearl Slate. Nav and boards. First of all, after a good look-over we found nothing wrong cosmetically. The dealership was outstanding. The deal was ready to go, PDI done, a senior sales person to go over the basics, and we were out the door in 45 min. Dealer allowed us to leave our old vehicle at his store since we only have 2 parking spots (now for the Escape and our GT500). The lease is up in a month and we needed someplace to hide the car for a while. Very accommodating. It's Anderson Ford in Berwyn, IL. In any case, I rode in the back while mom and daughter took the front. They loved it. Once home, I played with the stereo/nav. Ripped CD to the jukebox and used the voice activation. Cool. The Next Gen system is freakin' awesome. May take it on a 600 mile quick trip this weekend to break it in for the wife. :hysterical:

14 miles home. She loves it, daughter too. I haven't driven it yet, so reports are forthcoming.

bj

Ordered X-Plan in May, built last month on the 21st...delivered to the dock here in Chicago on the 1st....didn't get moved to the dealer til today. Yowsah. So....first things first: FEHL FWD. Black Pearl Slate. Nav and boards. First of all, after a good look-over we found nothing wrong cosmetically. The dealership was outstanding. The deal was ready to go, PDI done, a senior sales person to go over the basics, and we were out the door in 45 min. Dealer allowed us to leave our old vehicle at his store since we only have 2 parking spots (now for the Escape and our GT500). The lease is up in a month and we needed someplace to hide the car for a while. Very accommodating. It's Anderson Ford in Berwyn, IL. In any case, I rode in the back while mom and daughter took the front. They loved it. Once home, I played with the stereo/nav. Ripped CD to the jukebox and used the voice activation. Cool. The Next Gen system is freakin' awesome. May take it on a 600 mile quick trip this weekend to break it in for the wife. :hysterical:

14 miles home. She loves it, daughter too. I haven't driven it yet, so reports are forthcoming.

bj

:happy feet: Congrats!! :happy feet: We've had our FEHL for a month as of last night and LOVE IT! You are going to have so much fun driving it and watching your fuel economy go up. :happy feet:

Wheeeee ! I suggest you follow Ford's guidance for the 1st 500 miles.

Yeah....with my GT500 I varied the speeds and didn't get it over about 4500 rpm for the ride home (400 miles). After that, my daily Chicago commute handled the "varying speeds" issue! At 900 I changed the oil and gave it another 200 before taking it to the redline. Then....drive it like you stole it. :happy feet:

With the Atkinson cycle engine and it's on/off nature we're going to baby it a bit for the first few hundred, then play with it a little so it doesn't grow up to be a slug.

The book sez 1,000 and since this is a purchase and not a lease, we'll treat it a little nicer than normal.

BTW....dealer just told me FoMoCo has a program coming out next week that is employee pricing (He thinks A plan) or rebates of up to $6,000 on everything but the new F-150, Hybrids and GT500s.

bj

Congrats on your new car. I actually called them about that car. They had it listed somewhere, but said it was already sold. They had others available, but they were not willing to take X-Plan...only if I ordered. I ended up getting the same one at Joe Rizza Ford minus the boards. They were great to deal with and gave it to me with X-Plan and a great trade in value for my car.

Congrats on your new car. I actually called them about that car. They had it listed somewhere, but said it was already sold. They had others available, but they were not willing to take X-Plan...only if I ordered. I ended up getting the same one at Joe Rizza Ford minus the boards. They were great to deal with and gave it to me with X-Plan and a great trade in value for my car.

Yeah...they couldn't do X on that car as it had been built as one and couldn't be transferred. Bizarre but true. Rizza had one on the lot?! That's rare! Congrats.

bj