Flex Interceptor

94ranger

I thought that a Flex Interceptor would be interesting. With the Crown Vic now only fleet and going out in 2011 if not before, Ford needs a new interceptor and without any chance of the Interceptor concept coming to production why not. The photo isn't that great but its one of my first photoshops.

post-34544-1226722735_thumb.jpg

The Flex even gets better city fuel economy then the Crown Vic and it has AWD

The Flex AWD gets 16 city/ 22 highway

The Crown Vic gets 15 city/ 23 highway

The Flex is a lot more expensive but is more practical.

I didn't even think of the price, but in order to cost as little as the Crown Vic the only option would be a Fusion and that would be a bit small for that role. A Mustang interceptor would be a nice touch. :shades:

They could use Stangs for chase work just like they did in the '80s then call in something with a backseat for transport. A Taurus with EcoBoost would be a great CV replacement.

They could just shove the perps. in the trunk of the Mustang :hysterical:

I'm attempting to make a Taurus Interceptor but my limited skills are proving to be a major obstacle. It would also cost way more than the Crown Vic, just like the Flex but so do the other makes police package cars.

They could just shove the perps. in the trunk of the Mustang :hysterical:

I'm attempting to make a Taurus Interceptor but my limited skills are proving to be a major obstacle. It would also cost way more than the Crown Vic, just like the Flex but so do the other makes police package cars.

I'm pretty sure putting them in the back seat would constitute cruel and unusual punishment. The trunk might actually be more comfortable. :shades:

• 1 month later...

I saw the 2010 Taurus pix and believe that the Taurus has really become a replacement for the CV. The Fusion is actually pretty close in size to the original Taurus of the mid 80s. The Taurus has more passenger and cargo space than the CV not to mention it's probably a better all around performer (braking, accelerating, handling, fuel economy, etc.). The Taurus with AWD would be a good choice to replace the CVPI as long as it holds up to the rigors of police use. Squad cars often idle for extended periods and then go balls out for brief periods. They're tossed around pretty hard while loaded with a bunch of heavy equipment some of which draws a lot of amperage. And they are usually shared by 2-4 different officers who have different driving styles. All of this takes its toll on a vehicle, which is why most urban/suburban police departments keep them in service for only 75k miles.