Fires Suck

There were a couple large wildfires in Florida a year ago. The air was hazy all day and it smelled like someone was having a bonfire. We were a good hundred miles away from the fire too.

We've had similar fires here in N.C. However, I think those were the result of arson.

Haven't heard, but are the fires in CA arson, or the (normal) result of lightning supplemented by the Santa Anna winds?

I read an article a few years back that blamed many of these fires on the controlled-burn ban thus ending a program ridding the underbrush and leaves to minimize the risk of such fires. Do we have the environmentalists to thank for this one as well? Even if not, I'm sure that the E.L.F. is pleased.

One of the fires is the result of a controlled burn gone wrong, and the other 3 from what i know are unknown but they look rather odd to be au natural. The first one may have started by lightning but i dont remember it being all that hot or windy out here. The warmest day last week was high 80s and dry but i dont remember much wind out here. I work just a few miles from the Orange County fires and it wasnt bad here last week at all. I would think arson might be responsible for that one.