FORD STERLING AXLE PLANT

Sterling worker

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utica Gen is hearing openings at Romeo, Sterling and VD. Last 30 for now anyways are starting at VD the 12th. Plants are being filled to cut any overtime, thats straight from the plant manager.
YOUR plant manager dont know shit try reading the contact you helped ratify rawsivlle, and stering are closed to transfers

Contract??? Have you seen the news lately? The contract has always had many loop holes to it, but going forward will be an open book should it even exist!

Mark my words. No one will come to Sterling Plant accept the 14 dollar new hires if that even happens...

All the lies and rumors your union is telling you is false. After hearing all this bull I truly believe in the job that Jeff and Neil are doing. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: We dont even have a contract!!! That makes us null and void dip shit!!!

Edited by axles need love too

Mark my words. No one will come to Sterling Plant accept the 14 dollar new hires if that even happens...

All the lies and rumors your union is telling you is false. After hearing all this bull I truly believe in the job that Jeff and Neil are doing. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: We dont even have a contract!!! That makes us null and void dip shit!!!

I would have agreed with you six months ago, but now I"m not so sure. Ford is not going to hire anyone right now. If there are people in JSP and there are openings at Sterling they should come to Sterling. I know a lot of people will be pissed that I say that, buuuuuuuuutttttt it's only right. Where are they going to get the people to run the new line that's going in at the tool room? Merry Christmas!

We have a contract....

My guess is they'll place any remaining JSP anywhere they can but Sterling and Rawsonville....There is no letter that says regular Ford can't move to Sterling or Rawsonville...Just that the 20% rule doesn't apply to Sterling or Rawsonville...

I'll bet Sterling see's 14 dollar new hires between shutdown and September of 09.

We're not null and void....we're the United Auto Workers...were powerful enough for everyone in Washington D.C. to need to deal with us...

If you're feeling otherwise...maybe Jeff and Neil aren't doing such a good job.....

SOLIDARITY

We have a contract....

My guess is they'll place any remaining JSP anywhere they can but Sterling and Rawsonville....There is no letter that says regular Ford can't move to Sterling or Rawsonville...Just that the 20% rule doesn't apply to Sterling or Rawsonville...

I'll bet Sterling see's 14 dollar new hires between shutdown and September of 09.

We're not null and void....we're the United Auto Workers...were powerful enough for everyone in Washington D.C. to need to deal with us...

If you're feeling otherwise...maybe Jeff and Neil aren't doing such a good job.....

SOLIDARITY

Sterling is going to need people. I have to respectfuly disagree about the JSP not coming to Streling from Utica. Happy Holidays!

Sterling is going to need people. I have to respectfuly disagree about the JSP not coming to Streling from Utica. Happy Holidays!

the new line your taking about is the new dept 19 it will only require about 19 people there is enough in the plant to fill that was told.

Mustang line not returning until Feb. 26th!!!!!

Dept.18 has some pretty good seniority working over there...

It doesn't seem right for them to be sitting at home wondering how they're going to pay their bills when there's 04 seniority working in the plant right now.

Any department that isn't going to run for mor than 30 days should reduce so seniority can continue to work. Then when management decides they want to run the department, they can post the jobs.

I think our leadership should be forcing management to run the business...not manage a labor pool...

WE'RE NOT A LABOR POOL.....

SENIORITY SHOULD WORK WHEN WORK IS AVAILABLE

SOLIDARITY

It doesn't seem right for them to be sitting at home wondering how they're going to pay their bills when there's 04 seniority working in the plant right now.

Any department that isn't going to run for mor than 30 days should reduce so seniority can continue to work. Then when management decides they want to run the department, they can post the jobs.

I think our leadership should be forcing management to run the business...not manage a labor pool...

SOLIDARITY

Departments don't know when they are going to run day to day you expect them to have a handle on Month to Month? You are foolish.

George take a package.

:boring:

SOLIDARITY

I got a idea , how about all high seniority just come in an pick the job they what to do for that day , this way you can pick your job everyday . try looking at the postings a little closer next time you cant have it your way all the time , sounds to me you should have taken a buyout. :boring: :boring:

Departments don't know when they are going to run day to day you expect them to have a handle on Month to Month? You are foolish.

George take a package.

If it was my business to run I'd know if the department was going to run from day to day or month to month...

That's what are managers are supposed to be getting paid for...knowing how to run a business.....Seems to me that one of the most helpful aids to running a business is knowing what's going on right????

All I'm saying is that our leadership (Neil) should be enforcing the language in our contract in regards to how long a TLO should be...you know what it says Eagle.....by our leadership (Neil) allowing management to send certian departments out for 2,3, or 4 months at a time makes it so they don't have to manage the business....

Doing business in this manner is arbitrary and blatantly disregards seniority rights...We can do better than that....

SOLIDARITY