Another sad day for so many...

hendew_15

My family got there start at Ford Motor in 1954 at the Monroe plant.With all my family still being in Monroe this plant closing almost effects my life as much as my plant when it was closed in 2006 in Atlanta.Its a sad day for so many people who know nothing else but the Monroe Stamping/chassis systems plant.

Being through a closing like so many of you others I know that this leave a bad taste in people mouth retired or current just like it did for so many that held tradition at AAP.

Good luck to you all.

Monroe news article

Edited by hendew_15

My family got there start at Ford Motor in 1954 at the Monroe plant.With all my family still being in Monroe this plant closing almost effects my life as much as my plant when it was closed in 2006 in Atlanta.Its a sad day for so many people who know nothing else but the Monroe Stamping/chassis systems plant.

Being through a closing like so many of you others I know that this leave a bad taste in people mouth retired or current just like it did for so many that held tradition at AAP.

Good luck to you all.

Monroe news article

I was forced out on disability retirement from Chicago Assembly in 2003 and remember visiting Atlanta Assembly during launches and to view body repair procedures. I was always welcomed and helped by employees with any help I needed. The people there were proud employees and held the products in high regard. It is hard for me to believe that Ford closed one of the most efficient plants in the US as per Harbor Reports. As for monroe I believe Chicago received parts from them and quality was high. Even though I was forced out I still hold those days and relationships forged with fellow workers in high regard. Good Luck and remember you can hold your heads high as it was not quality that cost the life of these plants but greed and shortsightedness from the company.

Ok how was it that FORD forced you out?

I returned to work after having an operation for disc degenerative disease. I had to have a triple level fusion in my neck. I had 24 years with the company. I was deemed unfit for industrial work by the company doctor after having been released by my doctor. I had to either put in for disability retirement or wait till my medical ran out. It was not a company injury but a disease and they used that excuse to force me into retirement. I had a kid just starting college and another just starting high school and could not afford the lawyer bills to sue as in Illinois there was a 6 year wait to get to court. So I took the disability retirement and left.

I returned to work after having an operation for disc degenerative disease. I had to have a triple level fusion in my neck. I had 24 years with the company. I was deemed unfit for industrial work by the company doctor after having been released by my doctor. I had to either put in for disability retirement or wait till my medical ran out. It was not a company injury but a disease and they used that excuse to force me into retirement. I had a kid just starting college and another just starting high school and could not afford the lawyer bills to sue as in Illinois there was a 6 year wait to get to court. So I took the disability retirement and left.

If you came back to work with no restrictions then that was unfair but if you had restriction then the company had no choice. But at least you have some type of retirement some companies just show you the door.

So how long can you draw the disability pension?

Edited by homerhero

If you came back to work with no restrictions then that was unfair but if you had restriction then the company had no choice. But at least you have some type of retirement some companies just show you the door.

So how long can you draw the disability pension?

Til age 62 then just a 24 year retirement. I had to file for social security disability and was granted full disability.

I wish the best to all who left the Monroe plant today. Yes it is truely a sad sad day to bad things couldn't have been different. Unfortunatly I am one of the few production that has to stay on to decommision the plant. I really don't want to go back in there again it's going to be so empty. I just wanted to wish everyone good luck and I'm sure it will all work out for all of us. That being said it was a good run and I'm sure we will cross each others paths again someday.

Good Luck To All

DP.

When I read the article, I also read the "reader comments" about the article, checkout what people say and think about us...pretty frightning. Most people hate us.....

Yeah, did you read the one from the guy who's neighbor worked for GM, got laid off and went into the job bank. Apparently, he was making $135,000 annually to sit at home according to the poster. I've never even come close to that number in a year. The one year I did crack $100K, I practically LIVED in the plant!

These people have absolutely no friggin' idea what we do or how any of this stuff works or is funded.

The problem is, the morons in Congress (who make $169,000+ annually, lifetime benefits and a pension--I looked it up) believe this crap.

Why did no one try to explain how this works and where the funds come from when we were in front of Congress?!?!?!? That's what I want to know.

When did it become a crime in America to chase the American Dream??????

Anyway, God Bless and Good Luck to all of the Brothers and Sisters in Monroe. Our thoughts and prayers are with you from Indianapolis this Thanksgiving.

Yeah, did you read the one from the guy who's neighbor worked for GM, got laid off and went into the job bank. Apparently, he was making $135,000 annually to sit at home according to the poster. I've never even come close to that number in a year. The one year I did crack $100K, I practically LIVED in the plant!

These people have absolutely no friggin' idea what we do or how any of this stuff works or is funded.

The problem is, the morons in Congress (who make $169,000+ annually, lifetime benefits and a pension--I looked it up) believe this crap.

Why did no one try to explain how this works and where the funds come from when we were in front of Congress?!?!?!? That's what I want to know.

When did it become a crime in America to chase the American Dream??????

Anyway, God Bless and Good Luck to all of the Brothers and Sisters in Monroe. Our thoughts and prayers are with you from Indianapolis this Thanksgiving.

Well Stated.