"Bailout" bill using money for transit systems?

An Associated Press article in the local paper this morning indicates that part of the "bailout" money would be given to bus and rail systems that made bad investments with firms like AIG.After the way the D3 Execs were abused in Washington about being accountable for the way this money was spent it is nearly comical that this is inserted in the final rendition. After several days of grandstanding and hammering the domestic automakers about accountability they slip this in after the fact. I assume it is to garner enough votes to pass the measure while placating enviromentalists but it seems dishonest. Either the automakers will get less money to work with or the bill will be larger- and the automakers will get blamed. Sadly , I would expect no less from Congress.

It's also interesting to note that any additional funds would be contingent on striking a deal with " labor unions, creditors and others" by next spring. Union members may feel that they have yielded enough already but I'm afraid we are "whistling past the cemetery."