No Respect

hedgehog21

:redcard: Take a look at what has happened over the last week,#1 Shift start times 4 pm, not that I liked Deboodt but I remember when the company wanted a change in start time for B-SHIFT him and the committee put it up for a vote and it stayed the same, not that I liked Deboodt but the Bargaining Committee had some fight and backbone and could stand up to the compasny now look what we have they are giving up the farm. #2 canvassing for people to go to TRIM wow!! how can you make a informed decision to go to trim when you dont know what units are open and how your seniority fits in, it would be common courtesy Mr. Chairman& Bargaining Committee for that to be available when the canvass was done, I believe it is also in the contract. I know you guys are of little expierence but this is our lives you are playing with here,remember you are supposed to represent us not the company.

:redcard: Take a look at what has happened over the last week,#1 Shift start times 4 pm, not that I liked Deboodt but I remember when the company wanted a change in start time for B-SHIFT him and the committee put it up for a vote and it stayed the same, not that I liked Deboodt but the Bargaining Committee had some fight and backbone and could stand up to the compasny now look what we have they are giving up the farm. #2 canvassing for people to go to TRIM wow!! how can you make a informed decision to go to trim when you dont know what units are open and how your seniority fits in, it would be common courtesy Mr. Chairman& Bargaining Committee for that to be available when the canvass was done, I believe it is also in the contract. I know you guys are of little expierence but this is our lives you are playing with here,remember you are supposed to represent us not the company.

SORRY new at this this post is for the AAI plant

Dont worry about it Hedge, but you might want to change the thread topic title to "No Respect at AAI". You might get some attention from AAI people.

Your correct that this was presented in the past and was voted down by the memership. I for one dont think the 4pm change in B-Shift start time is going to go over very well with the membership. We will no longer be able to have dinner with our families, we wont be able to watch our kids untill our spouces get home, we wont see much of our kids during school months, we will have to travel to work during rush hour (takes more time) etc, etc. To me its just a horrible start time. It also makes me wonder whats next?

I have some questions;

1) Why is this just a B-Shift issue and always a B-shift issue?

2) Why not change both shifts to suffer equal?

3) Why not start B-Shift at 5:54pm and A-Shift at 8:30am to even this out. If this is a must do situation.

After all we are one Union and we are no less of Union member just because we are on nights. We have rights to and should be represented the same. If day shift started at 8:30am and ended at 5pm, they would still be home with their families and we B-Shift Union Brothers and Sisters wouldnt have to take the full brunt of this issue. We would be with our families as well and wouldnt have to hire sitters because we have to leave so much earlier.

Think about it and tell me if this makes more sense or if not at all.

our boss told us what was offered and canvased everyone that was leaving. how come you didnt have your commitee man come to your unit? I really didnt see the membership pressuring the union to answer any questions! I love the 4 pm start, I finally dont have to battle all that traffic especially driving from flint

Edited by el norte

Redemption

Ur right so where is our UNION now, looks like to me that the company has Sommerville and the bargaining committee where they want them, behind the 8ball, what scares me is where will the chair and bargaining get the expierence and the backbone to stand up to the company, our contract will get us where we need to go, without all the deals and non contractual decisions that the union is making as of late. we stand to loose alot with the crew we have in there now . hang on Brothers and Ssters.

Dont worry about it Hedge, but you might want to change the thread topic title to "No Respect at AAI". You might get some attention from AAI people.

Your correct that this was presented in the past and was voted down by the memership. I for one dont think the 4pm change in B-Shift start time is going to go over very well with the membership. We will no longer be able to have dinner with our families, we wont be able to watch our kids untill our spouces get home, we wont see much of our kids during school months, we will have to travel to work during rush hour (takes more time) etc, etc. To me its just a horrible start time. It also makes me wonder whats next?

I have some questions;

1) Why is this just a B-Shift issue and always a B-shift issue?

2) Why not change both shifts to suffer equal?

3) Why not start B-Shift at 5:54pm and A-Shift at 8:30am to even this out. If this is a must do situation.

After all we are one Union and we are no less of Union member just because we are on nights. We have rights to and should be represented the same. If day shift started at 8:30am and ended at 5pm, they would still be home with their families and we B-Shift Union Brothers and Sisters wouldnt have to take the full brunt of this issue. We would be with our families as well and wouldnt have to hire sitters because we have to leave so much earlier.

Think about it and tell me if this makes more sense or if not at all.