KC down time (truck side)

mhopfenzitz

Let me try to understand this. They are adding a shift back to the truck side, and even before they do, they plan on having multiple weeks of downtime? :headscratch:

Does this make sense to anybody?

It was never a matter of HOW MANY trucks we needed. It was a matter of how many trucks we needed NOW! Keep in mind that KCAP gained zero production numbers on the SUV side by adding a third shift. Moving the truck 2nd shift to SUV did three things.

1. Cut truck production in half.

2. Kept UAW workers from collecting SUB or even GEN. (JSP) Which hid "extra" manpower from shareholders and congress.

3. Showed how "Flexible" the KCAP workforce and assembly plant could be.

Another effect of the shift move from truck to SUV was the elimination of relief routes in the production areas as well as the elimination of overtime. With these two eliminations brought many voluntary job terminations(buy outs) to KCAP. All in all this was a win-win move for the company and the union. Laid-off Ford workers are now being offered jobs at KCAP to fill the void created by buyouts.

This whole move had little to do with overall truck production, and more to do with "right sizing" the national labor pool, and giving the appearence that Ford production is meeting, not exceding customer demand.

quote name='Pioneer' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:51 PM' post='444023']

Let me try to understand this. They are adding a shift back to the truck side, and even before they do, they plan on having multiple weeks of downtime? :headscratch:

Does this make sense to anybody?

:fan: If it looks and smells like shit, my bet is it's SHIT..... :stirpot:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So what does KCAP's union say about adding the shifts at DTP and KCAP back and now having downtime?....Just asking cause KCAP union usually knows more than DTP's union!

I will ask around some tomorrow for ya.....its funny you think kc knows more, because I have always thought that kc hears stuff about dtp before dtp does and have found quite often

that dtp hears about kc before kc does....make sense? up kinda late...anyway I will see what I can dig up on dtp.