30 -n- out

mjpetersmd

30 and out is not hurting the company at all . What is frustrating them the most is GEN/HEALTHCARE ( no surprise there right ? ) Because of it they're having to offer members $35,000 special incentive to retire or bridges which a good amount are not taking or the UAW is even fighting the company from offering because they are scare of loosing membership.

So it's economically prudent to go back to the old ways of NO GEN , NO SPECIAL INCENTIVES just cock the young ones to the street and let the old ones die on the job if they wish too. This rumor is more of a way of scaring people into retirement, however I do look for sweeping changes to GEN and even MOVING ALLOWANCE, so they will just do like 1980 and say I have a job for ya in KC or AAI take it or leave the company and how you get out their is your problem.

I think in the end most of the high time will rethink their option to retire when their plants are closed on them starting in 2006, plus with the COA's their will be no easy jobs to hide on anymore everyone will be a Line Dog only "Core" assets left.

The company would tailspin more than ever if you kicked the young ones out and let the 30+ stay. Most 35+'s that I know are non-productive and are just collecting a check! Everyone else has to carry them. It's too bad they didn't prepare for retirement or have a life outside of work.

The company would tailspin more than ever if you kicked the young ones out and let the 30+ stay. Most 35+'s that I know are non-productive and are just collecting a check! Everyone else has to carry them. It's too bad they didn't prepare for retirement or have a life outside of work.

Well ~ 38% of all Ford UAW workers are eligible for retirement. So yes it would be nice if they would so we could downsize without any pain. However those i have spoke with at the top feel they will once they are returned to the line. If not that is fine if they can keep up, or if they die on the line that is fine too. It's cheaper for the company to keep them than have them draw on their retirement accounts. Acutually they feel many of the young don't come to work and are the problem, hence the new attendance policy nationwide. Plus if you get rid of them (5 or less years senority) there are no legacy cost.

Buying out an older employee with 30 or more years cost $35,000. To bridge and employee 28 years but under 30 to retirement cost $75,000. Moving an employee out of zone for a job can cost $23,500 to the $50,000. So in the end the cheapest solution is to kick the younger ones to the street with no GEN , No GIS, just indefinate layoff.

Well ~ 38% of all Ford UAW workers are eligible for retirement. So yes it would be nice if they would so we could downsize without any pain. However those i have spoke with at the top feel they will once they are returned to the line. If not that is fine if they can keep up, or if they die on the line that is fine too. It's cheaper for the company to keep them than have them draw on their retirement accounts. Acutually they feel many of the young don't come to work and are the problem, hence the new attendance policy nationwide. Plus if you get rid of them (5 or less years senority) there are no legacy cost.

Buying out an older employee with 30 or more years cost $35,000. To bridge and employee 28 years but under 30 to retirement cost $75,000. Moving an employee out of zone for a job can cost $23,500 to the $50,000. So in the end the cheapest solution is to kick the younger ones to the street with no GEN , No GIS, just indefinate layoff.

This is all so true in most unionized companies. I for one have invested 31yrs in a company and have been a union member for some 35yrs. I have had many offers of salary and managment, but chose to remain in hourly. It is where I can enjoy my job the best!

In life and work, It's got to be a 2 way street (give and take) thing!

Work together for a common goal.

I'll work 7 more yrs. and get out at 62.

For those who say why not get out at 30yrs? I worked all these yrs. to get here and now it's time to smell some roses! Happy Trails!!! ;)