A QUESTION FOR EMPLOYEES IN THE JOBS BANK!!!!

rainbownthdrk

This is only for employees currently in jobs bank: What is the union/company telling you now..............are you going to be able to exercise your seniority

and bump into plants regardless of if there is an open position or not? Are they going to "create" positions or put in req's for you and then layoff low

seniority once the jobs bank is cleaned out? This is a pretty big concern for anyone (like myself) who might not make that final cut. :banghead:

We have the same Ford hire-in date. :happy feet:

Anywho, information? We haven't been told anything.

Cool.............I think we would make the cut if they changed the contract and allowed national seniority to rule (where gen bank employees would exercise

seniority regardless of openings) I don't think my trade seniority would hold however :banghead: but at least I could go back on the line :finger: and have a

job. The rumor that has been floating since the jobs bank was eliminated is that THERE WILL BE NATIONAL SENIORITY!! But the contract as it stands now

(for whatever that's worth!!!) says they cannot come in without an opening!!!

This is only for employees currently in jobs bank: What is the union/company telling you now..............are you going to be able to exercise your seniority

and bump into plants regardless of if there is an open position or not? Are they going to "create" positions or put in req's for you and then layoff low

seniority once the jobs bank is cleaned out? This is a pretty big concern for anyone (like myself) who might not make that final cut. :banghead:

they have said nothing about that.. and if they did it would just be a rumor. negotiations didnt start until this past wednesday.

our chairman told us before he went to negotiations that they were putting up over 300 more jobs for DTP, which they did today and he only heard rumor about saline which is 800ish more and there are around i think he said 1200 in JSP so it would make sense for them to do that although nothing official and it had to be negotiated of course, same with him saying they 'might' even offer another round of buyouts.

again, anything you've heard is rumor until negotiations are done.

they have said nothing about that.. and if they did it would just be a rumor. negotiations didnt start until this past wednesday.

our chairman told us before he went to negotiations that they were putting up over 300 more jobs for DTP, which they did today and he only heard rumor about saline which is 800ish more and there are around i think he said 1200 in JSP so it would make sense for them to do that although nothing official and it had to be negotiated of course, same with him saying they 'might' even offer another round of buyouts.

again, anything you've heard is rumor until negotiations are done.

Thank you for the info. I think you're right, we just have to wait until the concession talks are completed :censored: