Ambient Lighting Option, Mariner vs. Escape

CoalMiner

I can't find many details on option in the 09 Mariner named "Ambient Lighting."

In the '09 Mariner brochure (picked up a a local dealer) it's on the 6th page and labeled "Colored in Tranquility." It seems to imply that with this option, you can select a color from any of 7 colors for the interior lighting. It says "Illuminating from within the front cupholders and the front and rear footwells are LEDs in your choice of green, white, yellow, aqua, red, blue or purple."

I'm assuming there is some selection switch somewhere to select the color, as opposed to you pick a color if/when you order the vehicle with this option? I can't see where that switch is in any product pictures. No local dealer has a Mariner model with this option. Does anyone know where the switch is located? Maybe it's on a menu in the navigation system? I'm specifically looking at this is a Mariner Hybrid.

It seems this option is not available in an Escape Hybrid?

Hi CoalMiner,

I have ambient lighting on my '09 MMH. It came as part of the "Hybrid Premium Package" (order code 18P). I don't known if it can be ordered as a single option or only comes with the hybrid package. I also don't know if it is available on any other Ford or Mercury models.

The push button switch is located on the center console near the right front corner of the gear shift /selection panel (park, reverse, drive, etc.). The button is used to turn the ambient lighting on and then cycle through all of the colors. After cycling through all of the colors it will turn the ambient lighting off. Once you settle on a color, it will stay on in that color until you select another color or cycle through the remaining colors to the off position. The ambient lighting (if activated) is hardly noticeable during the day, but is quite obvious at night. I don't usually turn it on at night because it produces an interior light glare on the widows which I find distracting. My daughter loves to play with it at night. I thought the lighting was amuzing and fun when I first got the vehicle, but now that the novelty has worn off, I don't mess with it (your mileage may vary).

If you haven't already done so, go to http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/mariner for more info on the vehicle. Clicking the "Interior" tab at the top of the page will take you to http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/mariner/interior.asp You can see the ambient light button at the bottom of the large picture of the dashboard at the top of the page. It is located just to the right of the gear sift lever. Toward the bottom of the page, there is a video clip on the abient lighting feature. Play the video and you will see the button. (There is a long narrow slit / tray to the right of the gear shift selection area for pens, pencils, etc. The button is located just forward of the slit / tray.)

Hope this helps. Good luck on your vehicle / option selections!

Edited by MarcusMariner

• 2 weeks later...