Sterling Posting

t5z4

Well it sounds like I just was; 400....

I do have a family and I would want to continue to provide for them....

If that means moving to another state then so be it.....

You know a lot of people in Norfolk, New Jersy and Atlanta were thinking just like you... Move to another state"get fricking real".... Nice .... Why should I move when I can collect sub til I retire ...

Who cares about 35,000 moving money...

Gen/JSP was there to protect us from bad management, or in other words, our position was, if you want to run the business like that and put people out of work so be it.... You're still going to pay them....They're trying to feed their families.... and they kept us working instead of paying

Removing the fifty mile rule this last agreement was too little to late for us.... and now Gen/JSP is gone....

In my book, the only way to keep a job is to keep on working if you have the chance....

That's how we hold up our end of the deal.... A fair days work for a fair days pay....

If you'd take a minute to come up for air in that fishbowl you're living in you'd see that for the last five years families...UAW and otherwise, have been moving all over this country to keep to their jobs....

Like I said before...I've got less than 20 years, I work on the floor....

SOLIDARITY

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a call today, we have a meeting at our union hall this week then we report to Sterling Monday morning.

See ya all at Sterling!

This is what I know. 146 are coming from Utica. Feb.9th is the starting date for approximately 86 of them. The balance of them will come later. That date is unknown. Seniority goes as deep as August of 1999. The highest senority is not known by me. I believe it goes as high as 1994. The breakdown of seniotity as to how many are of 1994 senority, 1999 senority or anywhere in between is unknown to me. I wont be headed to Sterling myself.

This is what I know. 146 are coming from Utica. Feb.9th is the starting date for approximately 86 of them. The balance of them will come later. That date is unknown. Seniority goes as deep as August of 1999. The highest senority is not known by me. I believe it goes as high as 1994. The breakdown of seniotity as to how many are of 1994 senority, 1999 senority or anywhere in between is unknown to me. I wont be headed to Sterling myself.

GOOD GRIEF!!!

Do the production levels warrant the incoming employees?

Is the squeeze about to start?

Here we go again...Round and Round...

GOOD GRIEF!!!

Do the production levels warrant the incoming employees?

Is the squeeze about to start?

Here we go again...Round and Round...

Jobs are not about VOLUME Levels. Thats why they TLO us some times. A TLO is the mechanism that the company will use for volume levels.

The answer is obviously yes we have the JOBS for them. So we will continue to see TLO's not and ILO.

Neil has done his due dilligance on making sure this is the case. If Neil fights it, then the agreeved employees at 400 would be able to file a grievance and would easily win it. Then, they would be able to displace 228 employees.

I rather see people TLO'd than permanently displaced.

Check volume 1 page 214 tick item 17 the last 2 sentances is where we would get burned.

The union has done the right thing here.

As far as trades are concerned they will go back to 400 when the project is over.

Jobs are not about VOLUME Levels. Thats why they TLO us some times. A TLO is the mechanism that the company will use for volume levels.

The answer is obviously yes we have the JOBS for them. So we will continue to see TLO's not and ILO.

Neil has done his due dilligance on making sure this is the case. If Neil fights it, then the agreeved employees at 400 would be able to file a grievance and would easily win it. Then, they would be able to displace 228 employees.

I rather see people TLO'd than permanently displaced.

Check volume 1 page 214 tick item 17 the last 2 sentances is where we would get burned.

The union has done the right thing here.

As far as trades are concerned they will go back to 400 when the project is over.

So were is the " available work " at , 147 seems like a high number havent seen that many job postings up ? How would they win a grievance , when theirs not that many openings . Neil hasnt done nothing about this issue .

So were is the " available work " at , 147 seems like a high number havent seen that many job postings up ? How would they win a grievance , when theirs not that many openings . Neil hasnt done nothing about this issue .

23 19 and gears, tubes.

You may have a beef with Neil, I understand that. I am just saying I know from local 400 that he has done his homework and has been working on the issue even when he was on vacation last week.

I just feel give credit where credit is due. I also feel give critisizim when it is due.

Please read the contract volume 1 as I mentioned. It's like RAGU "it's in there"

23 19 and gears, tubes.

You may have a beef with Neil, I understand that. I am just saying I know from local 400 that he has done his homework and has been working on the issue even when he was on vacation last week.

I just feel give credit where credit is due. I also feel give critisizim when it is due.

Please read the contract volume 1 as I mentioned. It's like RAGU "it's in there"

What makes you think gears need people? Always inverse tlo's in gears. Do you think we are going to get a big volume increase? They could always bring back midnights. That is the only way I see more people coming to gears.

What makes you think gears need people? Always inverse tlo's in gears. Do you think we are going to get a big volume increase? They could always bring back midnights. That is the only way I see more people coming to gears.

thats what i thought , its sounds like they dont need any people in gears either, those people from utica are going to screw all low seniority

thats what i thought , its sounds like they dont need any people in gears either, those people from utica are going to screw all low seniority

I heard they are all going to the lines. AA1's. I will be damn is someone is coming from another plant and going to bump me out of my classification. I was told they will start at the bottom and will be able to put in for postings as they become available!!! I am not worried about seniority, and I welcome any uaw member into the plant. But like I said, start at the bottom. We worked hard for our jobs...

I heard they are all going to the lines. AA1's. I will be damn is someone is coming from another plant and going to bump me out of my classification. I was told they will start at the bottom and will be able to put in for postings as they become available!!! I am not worried about seniority, and I welcome any uaw member into the plant. But like I said, start at the bottom. We worked hard for our jobs...

From what I see at van dyke, no one got displaced, all of the new workers were able to bid on jobs as they came up. but there were still some people who wont talk to the utica folks, and just tend to ignore them. It is not alot of people with that attitude, but it is there. on the other hand some of the transfers brought the problems on themselves for whining and demanding special jobs, machining positions, and refusing to do certain parts of a job because "thats not how it was done at utica". we got some more people this week. and may get some more over the next few even as we have rolling lay offs, and talk of shift eliminations. my hope is now that gen is gone, they will avoid ilo and use tlo and targeted short weeks to handle production adjustments.

From what I see at van dyke, no one got displaced, all of the new workers were able to bid on jobs as they came up. but there were still some people who wont talk to the utica folks, and just tend to ignore them. It is not alot of people with that attitude, but it is there. on the other hand some of the transfers brought the problems on themselves for whining and demanding special jobs, machining positions, and refusing to do certain parts of a job because "thats not how it was done at utica". we got some more people this week. and may get some more over the next few even as we have rolling lay offs, and talk of shift eliminations. my hope is now that gen is gone, they will avoid ilo and use tlo and targeted short weeks to handle production adjustments.

All I will say is that it will be interesting come Monday.

I think everyone at Sterling should welcome these people. They are UAW brothers and sisters and should be treated as such. Whether or not there is an ulterior motive involved, this is the companies action, not anyone hourly. If there is to be any animosity, it should be directed at the company, not someone merely being told what to do.

I think everyone at Sterling should welcome these people. They are UAW brothers and sisters and should be treated as such. Whether or not there is an ulterior motive involved, this is the companies action, not anyone hourly. If there is to be any animosity, it should be directed at the company, not someone merely being told what to do.
Easy for you to say coming from an a appointed rep . their not going to displace you !We would wecome them more if theirs real work for them but from what i see in dept 17 theirs not that many real openings . So try to go around some other parts of the plant other than M aisle .

Easy for you to say coming from an a appointed rep . their not going to displace you !We would wecome them more if theirs real work for them but from what i see in dept 17 theirs not that many real openings . So try to go around some other parts of the plant other than M aisle .

Do you call everyone an appointed rep? :banghead: Dept#23 is starting an afternoon shift next week. 44,43, and 18 are coming back. We have a new line being installed as we speak. Also, some possible new work going in where dept 84 is (or was).

Do we make gears for f-250,350,450????? We are getting the rest of the volume from Dana. every axle need a set of gears to work right?

That volume plus the f-150 volume will add shifts and people. Dont kill the messanger.

I have been pretty accurate so far havent I?

Do we make gears for f-250,350,450????? We are getting the rest of the volume from Dana. every axle need a set of gears to work right?

That volume plus the f-150 volume will add shifts and people. Dont kill the messanger.

I have been pretty accurate so far havent I?

I was told that no utica people will be placed in gears. Everyone coming back from tlo monday. utica people will be placed as aa1's and some ma1's. I could be wrong thou...

Yea you have been on the ball pretty much. Kudos

First off, I am not appointed. If this is a ploy, I would be subject to displacement like any other hourly stiff.

Secondly, I would not take it out on the people that caused displacement. What did they do wrong, and what would you have done in their shoes? Refuse? You'd be fired.

Third, you say dept. 17 doesn't have many openings, well so what- 16 took trucks over and 17 is lucky to even be there, much less creating "openings".

There is so much more to Sterling than 17. You need to look around. You get breaks, take a walk, talk to people and see for yourself. As far as I go, I am plant wide and know every square inch of all 3 million square feet inside Sterling, M-aisle included!

First off, I am not appointed. If this is a ploy, I would be subject to displacement like any other hourly stiff.

Secondly, I would not take it out on the people that caused displacement. What did they do wrong, and what would you have done in their shoes? Refuse? You'd be fired.

Third, you say dept. 17 doesn't have many openings, well so what- 16 took trucks over and 17 is lucky to even be there, much less creating "openings".

There is so much more to Sterling than 17. You need to look around. You get breaks, take a walk, talk to people and see for yourself. As far as I go, I am plant wide and know every square inch of all 3 million square feet inside Sterling, M-aisle included!

We know your "Plant Wide".

The Chairman and the Plant Committee handle such issues. Are you saying they are to blame?

Easy to get around Sterling when your trades or Appointed or Elected to Plant Committe.