layoffs OAC

fordgirl31

Almost everybody is on the line now. Most of the guys who were on jobs off the line took the package. Cleaning and shipping is now outsourced. I worked on the line for a bit during the last down week in January. It was a piece of cake compared to 15 years ago. If the SUB runs out, you will see a lot of senior workers calling for one shift. I hope that it doesn't happen. However, I would plan for it and try to get something going on the side if I was in danger of getting an ILO. It could be a long one. Hopefully, the government actions will work quickly and we will be working steady by next fall, or next spring. I wouldn't count too much on it, though, especially if I had a lot of bills.

Ford will do what they want to, what senior employees want will have no bearing on their decision, working there for so long you should know this by now. If anything they prefer the down weeks, so the senior people are not making much more than if they would of retired,like this more may want to retire and Ford can introduce there two tier wage system.

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE SHIFTING PRODUCTION OF THE EDGE TO KCAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OR THE ESCAPE IS COMING TO OAC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sos:

Why would it be at KCAP, all 4 doors, hood and deck lid are on it... Maybe there checking to see if we can run this platform? I don't know. WEIRD.

Shipping hasn't been outsourced yet, if you're talking about the trains. The trucks have been gone for a while. I don't see sub running out. It didn't run out when we were 2 off for 2 a few years back.

Let's hope not anyway cuz we don't want 1 shift. And you're right about line jobs now...they're a joke compared to 15 years ago. Yes there still are some bad jobs but the majority aren't.

Shipping is gone. I know people who got placed there when their cleaning jobs were outsourced. They are now inside on the line. The pay is about $18 an hour in shipping. That is better than the $12.50 the cleaners are getting. There is a big turnover in Premier, so I hear. A lot are quitting or getting fired. They probably made such a low bid to get the contract that they can't afford any pay increases.

In the States, SUB is on the table in their negotiations. The company will probably get it reduced. Obama is looking at protectionist measures that could affect Canada's auto industry. We are going to be played against our American cousins. We had improvements to our SUB several years ago, as did the UAW. They will be going back to the old system. Do you believe that we will escape?

Shipping is gone. I know people who got placed there when their cleaning jobs were outsourced. They are now inside on the line. The pay is about $18 an hour in shipping. That is better than the $12.50 the cleaners are getting. There is a big turnover in Premier, so I hear. A lot are quitting or getting fired. They probably made such a low bid to get the contract that they can't afford any pay increases.

In the States, SUB is on the table in their negotiations. The company will probably get it reduced. Obama is looking at protectionist measures that could affect Canada's auto industry. We are going to be played against our American cousins. We had improvements to our SUB several years ago, as did the UAW. They will be going back to the old system. Do you believe that we will escape?

The cleaners are now 707 members they belong to our local but have differnt representation than us. $18 an hour. No 2 tier ha. They got it in the back door. When we are laid off they can be in the plant working :rant: Don't know how this could be happening

The cleaners are now 707 members they belong to our local but have differnt representation than us. $18 an hour. No 2 tier ha. They got it in the back door. When we are laid off they can be in the plant working :rant: Don't know how this could be happening

you do understand they work for premier which is a different company, you do understand that 2 tier is if you both work for the same company ie ford, and your making 34 an hour with a pension and benefits and the person working beside you is being paid 18 an hour with less benefits and no pension....right....of course you do. would you rather them be a different union or local working in the plant and try to take more of our work...i would think not

you do understand they work for premier which is a different company, you do understand that 2 tier is if you both work for the same company ie ford, and your making 34 an hour with a pension and benefits and the person working beside you is being paid 18 an hour with less benefits and no pension....right....of course you do. would you rather them be a different union or local working in the plant and try to take more of our work...i would think not

The second tier production workers are over at Auto Modular. There are hundreds of jobs over there that we used to have. They are also CAW, I think, so the union is still getting paid. As for Premier workers, I would be ashamed if I were the CAW to admit that I represent these workers, and all I can get them is $12.50 an hour doing the same jobs that used to pay $33 an hour, which I negotiated away. It gives the union a bad name. Nobody should be working for less than $20 an hour, especially with the CAW representing them.

Edited by Trimdingman

The cleaners at Premier only get $12.50 an hour, CAW union rate!! The new workers in shipping belong to the Teamsters Union, I think, and they get $18.00 an hour. Maybe the Premier workers should switch to the Teamsters Union.

Edited by Trimdingman

Who knows, I don't. I just spotted it and know one is working on the Escape side this week to try and find anything out. I wouldn't worry, they don't have a flexible bodyshop yet.

Here's a thought for ya. Forget about the Edge and concentrate on all those Escape rear hatch windows that are blowing up.

Maybe they have the Edge down there to inspect it and learn from it how to build quality.

Yeah, I'm sure thats it.. :hysterical: By the way, I have an 07 SEL plus, need to keep an eye on door to fender, door to door and door to DOP flushness, also drivers door drops off, and both rear doors have striker drag. :redcard:

Yeah, I'm sure thats it.. :hysterical: By the way, I have an 07 SEL plus, need to keep an eye on door to fender, door to door and door to DOP flushness, also drivers door drops off, and both rear doors have striker drag. :redcard:

Do you work for Ford? Fix it. Don't you know how to fit a door? It only takes a few seconds on the line.