STAP

STAP bum

The ford family owned wixom plant to but it got moth balled. so do not let decive you, we also had a new body shop, and paint shop to . I worked there for 18 yrs, now at KC . The towncar owns the Long wheelbase market it might help but who knows? Do u guys still build the longwheele base towncar?

Ford was only making a contract till the summer of 2010 in the first place.They said it will keep it going till 2011 on a projection of 35,000 extra units are required.If we dont make at least 100,000 units yearly,the company looses money.The only thing we have in our upper hand is that the Ford Family still owns the plant.

The Ford Family also owned the Windsor Foundery and now it is not there, the Ford Family thing means shit. We need the CAW to get off there ass and do something for use

I don't think it's any secret we are going to 2010-2011.I'm not sure where you ever heard we'd be closing in June but your sources are terrible.There's a ton of rumors going around but that is silly.You honestly think we'll close on a drop of a hat?Try not to believe all the rumors especially ones like you posted that have no chance of happening.

If you go to OAC and look at the old body shop, you will see that it is still full of Freestar bodies on the line. The company just decided to stop building them and left the units on the line, where they have been sitting for years.

If you go to OAC and look at the old body shop, you will see that it is still full of Freestar bodies on the line. The company just decided to stop building them and left the units on the line, where they have been sitting for years.

Big difference...STAP cars make a really solid profit for FORD, they arent gonna leave 1 unit in the plant.

I doubt STAP will be closing this summer, but it would only take a few days to empty the lines and since we only build according to the orders on hand there won't be any left sitting on the line. When the plants overhead outweighs the sales profit we are near the end. Look for that when we are producing less than 80k units/year. :(

You young guys have to stop being so negetive, i haven't anything about plant closing after 2011 just because nothing new to replace vics does not mean we closeing. Things will all work out with time mellow out and relax, Tata motors just came up with some new products and i think by just looking at what they have to offer we are going to be in buisness for a long time because those cars are the fucking stupidest thing i've seen in awhile and we have nothing to worry about.

You young guys have to stop being so negetive, i haven't anything about plant closing after 2011 just because nothing new to replace vics does not mean we closeing. Things will all work out with time mellow out and relax, Tata motors just came up with some new products and i think by just looking at what they have to offer we are going to be in buisness for a long time because those cars are the fucking stupidest thing i've seen in awhile and we have nothing to worry about.

Riggggghhhhttt , you keep telling yourself that .. btw thx for the young guys comment .

That might be a piece of shit.. but it's a piece of shit on wheels for $2500.

Obviously you were not at the ratification meeting last April 08 at Centennial Hall when the union said Ford wanted to close the plant in 2010 but got a reprieve till 2011. First time I've heard them say that to the membership.

I was from Wixom Assembly and you see what the town car has done for us.If they would stop building the same dam car maybe people would want to buy it.Good luck guys

X2

I was there for 6 years {97-03} and it was like the movie Ground Hog Day.....nothing ever changed with the TC,same car everyday year after year.But they pumped money into making the LS,T-bird and GT while the TC got nothing.Sometimes I wondered if Ford forgot we were making them still.

I was there for 6 years {97-03} and it was like the movie Ground Hog Day

Lol, know the feeling, been building the CV/GM for over 16 years with out any major changes. I don't think I have even seen an advertisement for them in 10 years. Thank god the police and taxi drivers know who we are.

The ford family owned wixom plant to but it got moth balled. so do not let decive you, we also had a new body shop, and paint shop to . I worked there for 18 yrs, now at KC . The towncar owns the Long wheelbase market it might help but who knows? Do u guys still build the longwheele base towncar?

The Ford family owning the Wixom plant was a just another urban myth you here on the floor. The other two plant mentioned I could not say but I would bet they are another myth. Bill Ford himself said he never heard of Wixom being owned by the Ford Family.