New DTP layoff rumor.....

DTP Inmate

Why are they surveying? Because they don't want to pay the 10% shift premium?

They want C-crew to be the swing shift for the other 2 shifts, breaks down like this.

Day shift is off first with 2 down weeks - C-crew people would work days (mon-thurs/day shift hours) for those 2 weeks

Next B-crew is off 2 weeks- C-crew people will now work afternoons for 2 weeks (mon-thurs/ afternoon hours)

Next 2 week C-crew people are laid off, leaving the days and afternoons regulars working there normal shift.

*This will continue until, they drop C-crew or (if what I am starting to think) SUB funds run out then they start with the real layoffs.

*The last statement is just me thinking worse case scenario, and no actual facts to back up that claim (yet)*

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The system is still set up for 2 shifts working and they have to manually put in the hours and adjust everything. If you looked at the last time c-crew was on they were always being charged hours anything over the 8 even though you were set up on a 4 day week with 10's. That is why the local agreement states that any overtime hours will not cross shifts. This allows the chargable hours to occur and blocks the c-crew from filing a grievence if any overtime is available on a or b crews.

My guess is c-crew will stay around and another plant would take the hit. Right now if things keep getting worse they could be justified and will gain because of one reason. When NAP got ready to close they had not even staffed the c- crew at DTP so they were allowed to come because openings were available. Now that the c-crew is staffed they could say well truck sales are really poor and we have to close one plant down. All along they knew it and by setting it up this time different you lock anyone coming from a plant making the same product because no openings exist. In turn they do not pay out the moving allowance that they got hit will the folks that came from NAP.

you got to rember ,c crew is the shift thats jumping through hoops. swing shift for them. if you dont like it u (with sen) cen bumpt them

Not as simple as that; last time when people with high seniority came in they where told there was no bumping for 18 months, that did not hold but right now people are being told there will be no bump until June or something like that.

Some that went to C-crew went because without the time to go to days chose c-crew so they could actually be with there families and actually watch there kids grow up while the 3 crews last.

Minor gripes in these times I can admit but like I have said on another thread, adding a shift with preplanned downtime really makes no sense there is something bigger at hand.

I agree with you there General.

If DTP gets retooled it will signal that 3-crew stays and KCAP will either close or get retooled for a different model.

If it's not retooled, it will kick anyone with '99 or less senority to the streets from DTP.

There we go trying to make a year up where people will get kicked to the curb. Just so you understand it really depend what part of DTP you work in...

I agree with you there General.

If DTP gets retooled it will signal that 3-crew stays and KCAP will either close or get retooled for a different model.

If it's not retooled, it will kick anyone with '99 or less senority to the streets from DTP.

I still contend that KCAP gets the Full size Transit to REPLACE the Econoline - except the cut-away which may move to Kentucky Truck, and the "redesigned" Escape moves to the European C-Platform at Louisville Assembly. At least this is what was discussed recently on our shop floor...remember, we are still in ramp up of the Line 2 retool to integrate U22X from Michigan. Plenty of VO tooling guys roaming around.

We should get to keep our shift premium, some of us signed up for c-crew, not a or b-crew. I heard last night the rolling down weeks wasnt a done deal yet.

Well this is how i feel ,i dont wont to see anyone loose there job ,but its time to draw the line .I have 18 years and with the c -crew back i get laid off every third week.well guess what its time for them to go.Now there going to work my job on my shift ,when i am at home collecting one of my only 39 weeks of sub per contract this is bullshit :banghead::banghead::banghead::finger::censored::censored:

Well this is how i feel ,i dont wont to see anyone loose there job ,but its time to draw the line .I have 18 years and with the c -crew back i get laid off every third week.well guess what its time for them to go.Now there going to work my job on my shift ,when i am at home collecting one of my only 39 weeks of sub per contract this is bullshit :banghead::banghead::banghead::finger::censored::censored:

I dont think it will last long, if sales dont pick up something is going to happen. I cant see us doing this until the 1st of the year. Hey I agree with you, I'd rather be working with no down weeks.

Right I hope he is. What I find funny is that they survey C-crew for the backfill idea when in the end they will force them to do it. I would think that payroll will adjust the premiums as the shifts rotate.

It would not be an issue for payroll when your supervisor pays you the put in your start time then the put in the shift whether it's 1 2 or 3. The company on the rolling down week theory might have to do with triming management thin. they would have a simple A-crew for management and a B-crew for management. They could do away with C-crew management, cleaners, and the people working in the cafateria. It probally will add up to save the company some $.

It would not be an issue for payroll when your supervisor pays you the put in your start time then the put in the shift whether it's 1 2 or 3. The company on the rolling down week theory might have to do with triming management thin. they would have a simple A-crew for management and a B-crew for management. They could do away with C-crew management, cleaners, and the people working in the cafateria. It probally will add up to save the company some $.

C-Crew management is made up of the A and B crews. 6 days monday thru saturday, 6 nights sunday thru friday.

I was wondering why they never really staffed the C-crew with management.

The only open times that nobody should be in the plant is Saturday night and Sunday morning.

This setup with the rotating layoffs would ease that problem with management and in turn save the company money.

Hope your being sarcastic.

This is what was told to me by someone in management and by union officials including Nick. People on C crew will have their family schedules all messed up. The money will help pay for child care for some. Some workers are going to school during the week so that they can do every one a favor by leaving someday for new careers so they are screwed. Some workers actually do other things during the weak( bowling, martial arts, family exercise clubs, church affairs ect.) Not every one just sits in front of the tv when they are off work scratching their nuts(sorry ladies LOL). I personally feel that it will just stay at 10%. Workers who bitch about C crew getting the extra shift premium remind me of the jealous anti UAW people that want us to have less because they do. The work that most UAW workers do is deserving of the pay they get and likewise the adjustment that C crew workers will have to deal with justifies the extra cash.

This is what was told to me by someone in management and by union officials including Nick. People on C crew will have their family schedules all messed up. The money will help pay for child care for some. Some workers are going to school during the week so that they can do every one a favor by leaving someday for new careers so they are screwed. Some workers actually do other things during the weak( bowling, martial arts, family exercise clubs, church affairs ect.) Not every one just sits in front of the tv when they are off work scratching their nuts(sorry ladies LOL). I personally feel that it will just stay at 10%. Workers who bitch about C crew getting the extra shift premium remind me of the jealous anti UAW people that want us to have less because they do. The work that most UAW workers do is deserving of the pay they get and likewise the adjustment that C crew workers will have to deal with justifies the extra cash.

You say" will have their family schedules all messed up".

I work B shift and let me tell ya, I don't see my kids all week. And I'm not bitching about c crew getting extra shift premium-- it's NOT the money, it's the point. If you are working my scehdule when I'm off and I receive 5%, when you work it, you should receive 5%. You don't see anything wrong with this situation?

Edited by jm2607