tax breaks for mercedes plant in alabama

kcap719

I would like to get peoples thoughts on the tax breaks our government is giving to mercedes in alabama.It pisses me off to think about shelby being so against helping the American autoworkers but i guess it's alright to help people in his state even though majority of the money that plant makes goes back to Germany

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to get peoples thoughts on the tax breaks our government is giving to mercedes in alabama.It pisses me off to think about shelby being so against helping the American autoworkers but i guess it's alright to help people in his state even though majority of the money that plant makes goes back to Germany

That piece of work Shelby does not give a fuck what people think. I wonder how many of those " Alabamians"

drive those Mercedes they build down there. Fuck Shelby and Alabama.

dude this plant went up in '92

WTF ???

the government gave ford and gm some of that love too(mich and ohio)

majority of money goes back to germany ? PROVE IT.

That piece of work Shelby does not give a fuck what people think. I wonder how many of those " Alabamians"

i am not sticking up for shelby ..he is an asshole... however most alabaman's dont think like him..dont put them in the same boat...

i am not sticking up for shelby ..he is an asshole... however most alabaman's dont think like him..dont put them in the same boat...

BS GOP carried Alabama by 60-40% maybe higher :hysterical: Shelby won reelection real easy, wasnt even close :hysterical::hysterical: 2/3 people voted for him down there dont say they dont like him because thats a lie. They love him and McCain carried that state by a wide margin it was over as soon as the polls closed. Its a RED state.....period.....

Exactly. Forget Shelby and that worthless state of alabama! They have forgotten bout us, we dont

need them anyhow. They have enough to do bout havin 60% trailer parks and crazy ppl shootin

places up i think. God bless those unfortunate victims but Shelby is an evil scoundral!

Have ya been to alabama? Is a very weird place... w/huge seperation of wealthy and poor.......

OMG, more then you have apparently, been there 6 times in the last 6 months, mainly for job interviews. TK, honda, toyota.

what about you ?

oh i missed the part about being seperate, especially in mobile....lots and lots of nice people....

pay is good for most jobs too. something like that is missing up here.

but they require drug tests and you have to show up to work....hmm imagine that.

BS GOP carried Alabama by 60-40% maybe higher :hysterical: Shelby won reelection real easy, wasnt even close :hysterical::hysterical: 2/3 people voted for him down there dont say they dont like him because thats a lie. They love him and McCain carried that state by a wide margin it was over as soon as the polls closed. Its a RED state.....period.....

LOL, that was before all this bullshit, so yeah they liked him back in 2004!!

the world has changed...period.

here is another thing for ya, why did they elect democrats to the house ?

out of seven, they sent 3 democrats up.....thought they were solid republican ?

LOL

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/results/...es/alabama.html

OMG, more then you have apparently, been there 6 times in the last 6 months, mainly for job interviews. TK, honda, toyota.

what about you ?

oh i missed the part about being seperate, especially in mobile....lots and lots of nice people....

pay is good for most jobs too. something like that is missing up here.

but they require drug tests and you have to show up to work....hmm imagine that.

With six interviews,why in the hell aren't you down there working in paradise! :shades:

With six interviews,why in the hell aren't you down there working in paradise! :shades:

it is more then just that, lol, it's a big decision to move, but i dont need to justify myself to you, i just wanted to see if they would consider me, well they did more then that...

and if ford keeps fucking around i'll go and work till ford calls....if they do...

but i do like it down there, that is for sure.

cheaper to live too, lower taxes...yadda...

here is another thing for ya, why did they elect democrats to the house ?

out of seven, they sent 3 democrats up.....thought they were solid republican ?

LOL

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/results/...es/alabama.html

MOST 75% of there state legislature are GOP. As in most states there is a little mix. :finger: And Sessions got over 63.5% of the vote in nov.08 :finger: . And McCain got 60.4% which is 5% more than Bush got in 2000 or 2004 so that state is more Republican now than in 2000.

This point u cannot argue my friend. Alabama is a RED STATE.

Edited by fordworker

MOST 75% of there state legislature are GOP. As in most states there is a little mix. :finger: And Sessions got over 63.5% of the vote in nov.08 :finger: . And McCain got 60.4% which is 5% more than Bush got in 2000 or 2004 so that state is more Republican now than in 2000.

This point u cannot argue my friend. Alabama is a RED STATE.

maybe you need to re read my post, i didn't say that.

again....why did they send three democrats to the house ?

maybe you need to re read my post, i didn't say that.

again....why did they send three democrats to the house ?

2 of the 3 won by less than 1%. And your point is meaningless.. They got 3 dem congressman so what!

They got 2 GOP Senators who got 63.5% and 68% of the votes winners.. GOP Gov and McCain got 60.4% of the votes , which is 5% more than Bush ever got.

Its a RED state u cant deny that, noone can.... even Michigan and Ohio and California/NY has some GOP congressman but there still solid BLUE states. :finger::finger:

Edited by fordworker

2 of the 3 won by less than 1%. And your point is meaningless.. They got 3 dem congressman so what!

They got 2 GOP Senators who got 63.5% and 68% of the votes winners.. GOP Gov and McCain got 60.4% of the votes , which is 5% more than Bush ever got.

Its a RED state u cant deny that, noone can.... even Michigan and Ohio and California/NY has some GOP congressman but there still solid BLUE states. :finger::finger:

on another side note, if it was SO red, why would the state of alabama have a democrat controlled HOUSE and SENATE ??

http://www.clarkecountydemocrat.com/news/2...torial/036.html

so what ? if they are so red , then they should have had all SEVEN!!

Edited by dark271

you seem to defend ALABAMA like the rest of us defend OBAMA :shades:

lol, no, i just dont like it when people are not fair..... you know when they categorize people, then say well 'all autoworkers are lazy', or some shit...

same goes for 'bama

i just think it is an injustice to do so.

even though i personally like alabama, i dont like shelby and other republicans who dont make 'sense'

on another side note, if it was SO red, why would the state of alabama have a democrat controlled HOUSE and SENATE ??

http://www.clarkecountydemocrat.com/news/2...torial/036.html

so what ? if they are so red , then they should have had all SEVEN!!

Dude are you stupid?? Did McCain win that state? YES Did McCain get more votes then Bush did? YES

60.4% to 38.8% for Obama= blowout Does Alabama have 2 GOP Senators? YES and they got over 63% of the vote, again not even a close election. And they have more GOP congressman then Democrats.

Its clear that you know nothing about politics! Is NY a blue state how about California,Michigan,Illinois these are states Bush,Dole, McCain never won. but there Democratic states. Just because a state has both GOP and Democrat congressman means nothing there still solid Blue states.

Believe what you want and have fun living in a RED state.

Dude are you stupid?? Did McCain win that state? YES Did McCain get more votes then Bush did? YES

60.4% to 38.8% for Obama= blowout Does Alabama have 2 GOP Senators? YES and they got over 63% of the vote, again not even a close election. And they have more GOP congressman then Democrats.

Its clear that you know nothing about politics! Is NY a blue state how about California,Michigan,Illinois these are states Bush,Dole, McCain never won. but there Democratic states. Just because a state has both GOP and Democrat congressman means nothing there still solid Blue states.

Believe what you want and have fun living in a RED state.

DUDE CAN YOU READ ??

now go back and read my post !

it's no wonder people label autoworkers, look at yourself!