Saline Elections*** The Circus is in town

fomoconomo

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in my second week at saline. Just wondering what the word was on who is good for chairman. don't personally know any of the canidates being from ypsi myself. i haven't met tom but pete has been around. he seems pretty decent at first glance, claims to have brought in alot of jobs. feedback please

I am in my second week at saline. Just wondering what the word was on who is good for chairman. don't personally know any of the canidates being from ypsi myself. feedback please

First, What line/area do you work in and what shift?

This is simple, Yet extremely important! This election has two contract's for our elected official's to deal with. Our local contract and the national in '11. Tom Kanitz is thee candidate with more experience with negotiating contract's (an undisputable fact). He's held a position on the national negotiating team. He was also our Chairman for 9 years.

Our local was much stronger with Tom in office. Speaking of which, Why are our bargaining rep's doing district's work?????

i haven't met tom but pete has been around. he seems pretty decent at first glance, claims to have brought in alot of jobs. feedback please

The new work came in on Pete's watch yes. But, You need to ask him " how much of the current work in the plant was bid on by Saline vs. How much was given to us from International"

One thing to keep in mind, A couple supplier's went belly up last year with no where else for the work to go. International and Ford knew Saline would of been able to get the product in and out of the door quickly with little to no disruption to assy.

Name's to remember,

#20-Tom Kanitz for Chairman

#24-Jason Schiffman for Bargaining

#22 Brandon Keatts for Bargaining

#26-Brian Brandvold for District

#30-Jason Heath for District

#29-Eric "ET" Triplett for District

#32-Dennis Debreczeny for District

#25-Travis A. Zietlow for District

#1- Mark Caruso for President

#5- Jeff Grimm for Vice President

#7-April Bau for Recording Secretary

#14- Antwuan "BIG DOG" Riley

There are more, I will add later.

But thus far. If your going to go to vote on May 20th and want to know that your selecting people (or a team) that can commmunicate from the bottom to the top, And have the knowledge, dedication, loyalty and experience to get the job done. Remember the name's above, Write them down.

Edited by wildosvt

This is simple, Yet extremely important! This election has two contract's for our elected official's to deal with. Our local contract and the national in '11. Tom Kanitz is thee candidate with more experience with negotiating contract's (an undisputable fact). He's held a position on the national negotiating team. He was also our Chairman for 9 years.

Our local was much stronger with Tom in office. Speaking of which, Why are our bargaining rep's doing district's work?????

The new work came in on Pete's watch yes. But, You need to ask him " how much of the current work in the plant was bid on by Saline vs. How much was given to us from International"

One thing to keep in mind, A couple supplier's went belly up last year with no where else for the work to go. International and Ford knew Saline would of been able to get the product in and out of the door quickly with little to no disruption to assy.

Name's to remember,

But thus far. If your going to go to vote on May 20th and want to know that your selecting people (or a team) that can commmunicate from the bottom to the top, And have the knowledge, dedication, loyalty and experience to get the job done. Remember the name's above, Write them down.

i work on days in zone one on the towncar door line. If tom was chairman for 9 years and he did such a great job why do we have pete right now? this is the most important position we need someone who will do us right. how long has pete been chairman?

i work on days in zone one on the towncar door line. If tom was chairman for 9 years and he did such a great job why do we have pete right now? This is the most important position we need someone who will do us right. how long has pete been chairman?

Tom did not have much time to campaign 3 years ago. He was in Chicago for a swearing in for sub council 6. This is a term of contract's. Tom is the man with the training, knowledge, experience and balls to negotiate a contract for us.

Pete has been Chairman for the past 3 years. He was Skilled trades Bargaining prior (quickly voted out), He is a skilled tradesman.

I know this is the most important selection on the ballot, I have been here thru the past 3 years. I have seen how things have gone downhill, There is a reason why the majority of the plant is supporting Tom, Keatts and Schiffman. The membership want's a homerun team.

Edited by wildosvt

Tom did not have much time to campaign 3 years ago. He was in Chicago for a swearing in for sub council 6. This is a term of contract's. Tom is the man with the training, knowledge, experience and balls to negotiate a contract for us.

Pete has been Chairman for the past 3 years. He was Skilled trades Bargaining prior (quickly voted out), He is a skilled tradesman.

I know this is the most important selection on the ballot, I have been here thru the past 3 years. I have seen how things have gone downhill, There is a reason why the majority of the plant is supporting Tom, Keatts and Schiffman. The membership want's a homerun team.

things have gone downhill in every plant,and probably worse,at least in my previous plant a hell of alot worse.the new people just need to ask both some questions when they come around ,i know i had a few about the way saline does things.voting based on who somebody on here endorses is the good old boy way,i dont know about the rest of you but ive seen enough of that.and by the way,it wont matter who wins if the company wants to change anything they will,trust me,my former chair was on the national neg. team and that plant has all but shut down,hell saline is probably the last plant with uaw ford cleaners,that surprised me when i arrived,ours had been gone for a while now except for the old scabs that retired with buyout and never missed a day on the job with the scab company.i know alot of young people that cant find a job that would kill for that job

i work on days in zone one on the towncar door line. If tom was chairman for 9 years and he did such a great job why do we have pete right now? this is the most important position we need someone who will do us right. how long has pete been chairman?

:hysterical: why exactly did Tom get voted out is the question that needs to be asked!! :shades:

I don't quite get it....he didn't have time to campaign????? Wasn't he the chairman for 9 yrs.....why would he have to campaign.....what issue would he campaign on???? Never heard of anyone getting sworn in for a sub council....can you pease explain since you seem to know a little something about it!!

Edited by buster6969

As far as having a stronger committee....Tom has been doing nothing but bashing Pete since he was booted out of office (why did that happen again :headscratch: ). Then he got elected as bargainer and since has done nothing to help the committee, but :stirpot: .

As for Bargainers doing District work....maybe you should be looking at the District's not the Chairman or maybe with everything going on they wanted to split up the work load a little!!

As far as new work....this new work could have easily went into the assembly plants.....so the claim that IUAW gave the plant anything is BS. Again, one must ask why did Tom get thrown out as chairman :headscratch: Loyalty :headscratch: Hey Ypsi, give a call back to your plant and ask your Chairman what he thinks and who he thinks is the best candidate....Ed is neutral and he has been in Sub with both candidates!!!

:hysterical: why exactly did Tom get voted out is the question that needs to be asked!! :shades:

Its from smear letter's that were not signed. They were loaded with lie's. It had nothing to do with Tom's ability to do a great job downstair's. But people took the letters for truth, And did not ask Tom about the false accusations that the letter's spread. And we paid for it dearly!

The current UNSIGNED letter that these idiot's are trying to get going, Are so full of bullshit lie's it is disturbing. It is sad that a group of people would spread such bullshit in a time where our membership need's honesty and truth. Instead of trying to run a smear campaign against Tom to fuck us for another 3 year's.

I do not see how a unsigned smear letter can be in the best interest of the membership. It is a selfish and corwardly action.

Have a great day, And don't forget about Mom!

Its from smear letter's that were not signed. They were loaded with lie's. It had nothing to do with Tom's ability to do a great job downstair's. But people took the letters for truth, And did not ask Tom about the false accusations that the letter's spread. And we paid for it dearly!

The current UNSIGNED letter that these idiot's are trying to get going, Are so full of bullshit lie's it is disturbing. It is sad that a group of people would spread such bullshit in a time where our membership need's honesty and truth. Instead of trying to run a smear campaign against Tom to fuck us for another 3 year's.

I do not see how a unsigned smear letter can be in the best interest of the membership. It is a selfish and corwardly action.

Have a great day, And don't forget about Mom!

This is the same thing that happend at rawsonville, people vote for things that happen in someones personal life and/or lies and rumors that go around instead of what the person does on the job and brings to the table.

This is the same thing that happend at rawsonville, people vote for things that happen in someones personal life and/or lies and rumors that go around instead of what the person does on the job and brings to the table.

Was it truly personal or did it have something tha ties it to work.......someone getting pd 12 hrs a day while the rest of the committee was only being paid 8-10 hrs is BS! So personal outside of work is different than personal inside of work!! Integrity of a leader should be taken into account when voting!! Tom WAS a good leader and Pete IS a good leader.......I will stick with Integrity and vote for the current leader. :play:

Was it truly personal or did it have something tha ties it to work.......someone getting pd 12 hrs a day while the rest of the committee was only being paid 8-10 hrs is BS! So personal outside of work is different than personal inside of work!! Integrity of a leader should be taken into account when voting!! Tom WAS a good leader and Pete IS a good leader.......I will stick with Integrity and vote for the current leader. :play:

ill second that

As far as having a stronger committee....Tom has been doing nothing but bashing Pete since he was booted out of office (why did that happen again :headscratch: ). Then he got elected as bargainer and since has done nothing to help the committee, but :stirpot: .

As for Bargainers doing District work....maybe you should be looking at the District's not the Chairman or maybe with everything going on they wanted to split up the work load a little!!

As far as new work....this new work could have easily went into the assembly plants.....so the claim that IUAW gave the plant anything is BS. Again, one must ask why did Tom get thrown out as chairman :headscratch: Loyalty :headscratch: Hey Ypsi, give a call back to your plant and ask your Chairman what he thinks and who he thinks is the best candidate....Ed is neutral and he has been in Sub with both candidates!!!

I never really talked to ed at all. never had them kinda problems that I needed him. All I know is I didn't vote for taylor. I just want to know who will be the best for the job. It is a new plant for me and I don't owe anybody anything, nobody there got me my job. but I would like to keep my job and add more work at the plant if possible. Who can and will do that for us at saline. I just think that if this guy tom was doing that great of a job why the change to pete 3 years ago?

Being's you brought it up.

Is it good for our current leader's integrity to have his wife currently sitting in an appointed position? Was it good for his integrity when he stated that his wife would not be given an appointed position if elected?

And what you specified is backing up even more of my prior point of the smear letter's that were handed out. They nor either of us have mentioned either female's qualification's for having the seat's they occupied. Which is their personal buisness, But they had the qualification's for their spot's

Were people pissed that either female got the position's? Most certainly.

Two wrong's don't make it right. But as far as either candidate is concerned, The female's are a moot point.

Edited by wildosvt

I never really talked to ed at all. never had them kinda problems that I needed him. All I know is I didn't vote for taylor. I just want to know who will be the best for the job. It is a new plant for me and I don't owe anybody anything, nobody there got me my job. but I would like to keep my job and add more work at the plant if possible. Who can and will do that for us at saline. I just think that if this guy tom was doing that great of a job why the change to pete 3 years ago?

As I stated earlier, It was pretty much the perfect storm. Tom was in Chicago being sworn in at sub council. He only had one week to campaign and last but not least. There were numerous smear letter's put out while Tom was in Chicago. A smear letter is one that is unsigned and full of untrue information. A cowardly action.

The big question you have to look at is can Pete get along with the barg. reps and distr. rep that will get elected. No. They do not support Pete, and Pete has not supported them. If Pete did his job they would support him. Instead they support Tom. Pete ran against Tom for the alt. national negotiator position that was recently available. Who won? Tom. Their for international union has more support in Tom. Pete is not a bad person. He's just not right for Saline politically. As for the good ole boy system. They have retired. Good luck to both of them.

Name's to remember,

Being's you brought it up.

Is it good for our current leader's integrity to have his wife currently sitting in an appointed position? Was it good for his integrity when he stated that his wife would not be given an appointed position if elected?

And what you specified is backing up even more of my prior point of the smear letter's that were handed out. They nor either of us have mentioned either female's qualification's for having the seat's they occupied. Which is their personal buisness, But they had the qualification's for their spot's

Were people pissed that either female got the position's? Most certainly.

Two wrong's don't make it right. But as far as either candidate is concerned, The female's are a moot point.

Ones a wife and the other isn't. I am pretty sure Pete's wife isn't getting 12hrs a day is she?? Better to have appointed your wife than your girlfriend!! So your point is moot....and integrity isn't a question for Pete for appointing his wife!

The big question you have to look at is can Pete get along with the barg. reps and distr. rep that will get elected. No. They do not support Pete, and Pete has not supported them. If Pete did his job they would support him. Instead they support Tom. Pete ran against Tom for the alt. national negotiator position that was recently available. Who won? Tom. Their for international union has more support in Tom. Pete is not a bad person. He's just not right for Saline politically. As for the good ole boy system. They have retired. Good luck to both of them.

What would it matter who supported who...the members elect these guys and it doesn't matter which ones support each other as long as they do their fking job!! That lies on the Barg/Dist if they can not do their job!

As I stated earlier, It was pretty much the perfect storm. Tom was in Chicago being sworn in at sub council. He only had one week to campaign and last but not least. There were numerous smear letter's put out while Tom was in Chicago. A smear letter is one that is unsigned and full of untrue information. A cowardly action.

Again, please answer the question.....why would Tom be sworn in for a sub council :headscratch: (still didn't answer that)......and again, what would he have to campaign for, he was chairman for 9 yrs! :headscratch:

These guys have answered the bell for every round. When they're on the job, Saline works for everyone!

What would it matter who supported who...the members elect these guys and it doesn't matter which ones support each other as long as they do their fking job!! That lies on the Barg/Dist if they can not do their job!

Wrong it starts with the top down. It matter to the people on floor for maybe an example grievences!! Get a clue. Your right as long as they do "fking job". When is Pete going to step up to the plate.

Ones a wife and the other isn't. I am pretty sure Pete's wife isn't getting 12hrs a day is she?? Better to have appointed your wife than your girlfriend!! So your point is moot....and integrity isn't a question for Pete for appointing his wife!

You should just quit talking about this. Your not helping anyone out here. :hysterical:

Again, please answer the question.....why would Tom be sworn in for a sub council :headscratch: (still didn't answer that)......and again, what would he have to campaign for, he was chairman for 9 yrs! :headscratch:

:hysterical:

You have officially shown your stupidity. With your logic, Why is Pete even on the floor campaigning? He has been the current chairman for the past 3 years! :idea:

Like Rabbit said. "Get a clue"