Went to the Ford dealership on Sunday

jaydez

My girlfriend and I went to the Ford dealer near me on Sunday because she is looking for a new car. We went to test drive the Focus (too small for her, she is getting a used Santa Fe instead).

I asked the salesman if he had any 2010 Fusions. I didn't see any on the lot or in the showroom. The only 2010 vehicles I saw at all were F-150s. He said they are keeping the 2010s in the back until they are out of 2009s. He said this is forcing people into the 09s unless they specifically ask for the 2010.

Personally I think they have it wrong. They should have them out front to draw traffic in (though it was pretty busy for a Sunday. The VW dealership across the street had ZERO customers the entire time we were at the Ford dealerhip).

This is the only Ford dealership that I know of that isnt publicly displaying the 2010s.

My girlfriend and I went to the Ford dealer near me on Sunday because she is looking for a new car. We went to test drive the Focus (too small for her, she is getting a used Santa Fe instead).

I asked the salesman if he had any 2010 Fusions. I didn't see any on the lot or in the showroom. The only 2010 vehicles I saw at all were F-150s. He said they are keeping the 2010s in the back until they are out of 2009s. He said this is forcing people into the 09s unless they specifically ask for the 2010.

Personally I think they have it wrong. They should have them out front to draw traffic in (though it was pretty busy for a Sunday. The VW dealership across the street had ZERO customers the entire time we were at the Ford dealerhip).

This is the only Ford dealership that I know of that isnt publicly displaying the 2010s.

The dealership will just lose those customers who feel they were cheated.

The other customers may not have purchased a 2010 anyways. The incentives being offered on a 2009 Fusion are incredible right now, so people who would be happy to purchase the 2009 Fusion may not have been able to afford a similarly equipped 2010 Fusion.

My dealership is doing the same thing. I know a couple that were/are doing that actually. It only makes sense from a business side of thing. If they put those 2010s out, it will cannibalize the '09 sales and they would have to sell them for deep deep discounts.

Although my dealer said they were almost out of 2009's and would be putting out '10s soon.

I've had my fleet Fusion on order since March. My local dealer is "hiding them in the back" also. I called them about a month ago to see if they had any in to look at. I was told a lie by the salesman that the 2010's won't be in until September. I told him, you must be losing your dealership since other dealers have them in, and hung up. These guys will NEVER get my service business. I'll drive an extra 10 miles to avoid them. Just another example of dealerships playing games with people. And they wonder why people hate to deal with them....

Edited by That70sGAdawg