Trouble with order on 09 Expy

The_Shadow1963

I was informed by my dealer today that the order I placed on 23-Mar will not be delivered, and that Ford will not build the vehicle. The dealer is returning my deposit. This was a loaded 09 EL Ltd. It seems unbelievable that anyone would turn down a qualified buyer in any situation, but there you have it. I'm pretty disappointed, and any ideas will be welcome. I've been a loyal Ford customer for decades, and this was to have been the 5th vehicle purchased from the same dealership. Does anyone have any contact information for Ford management?

Thanks for reading.

I was informed by my dealer today that the order I placed on 23-Mar will not be delivered, and that Ford will not build the vehicle. The dealer is returning my deposit. This was a loaded 09 EL Ltd. It seems unbelievable that anyone would turn down a qualified buyer in any situation, but there you have it. I'm pretty disappointed, and any ideas will be welcome. I've been a loyal Ford customer for decades, and this was to have been the 5th vehicle purchased from the same dealership. Does anyone have any contact information for Ford management?

Thanks for reading.

I wouldn't blame the dealer. Ford production-hell all American car production has almost halted-just pick up a paper.

I would wait until you find one already built, choose a 2008, or a different make and model.

Thanks for reading.

I placed an order for a 2009 expedition max-kr on mar6 took for ever to hear anything,went to the dealer yesterday may4 they received dora on apr23 i have a vin# and a build date of may25

• 2 weeks later...

imo, ford did u and me a favor maybe.

the large suv market needs to balance out resale value wise.

i just traded my 06 navi for a 2009 mazda........

in jan 09 trade value was a meer 16000 bucks......

got 25000 last week at zoomzoom/lincoln dealer . they said production being halted sold off almost all inventory and brought used market back in line.

i found a link showing that navigator sales for march 2009 was only 147 units......down from 1900 something same time last year..... couldnt find info on 2007. forgot what expedition sales figures were like, but from what i see in my travels, most of NJ dealer s have but 1 expedition on the lot. the 2 month production halted helped me at least.

all big suv s will be cut back...i see a big change in what people drive here in NJ on my commute.....

I think you should be able to order one now. I just ordered mine last week. Vin number was assigned yesterday. I should have a build date next week . Mine is also a loaded EL KR insted of LTD. I think the problem may have been Ford moved the Expy produciton to Kentucky a few months ago. They probably had no producion capabilty at the time you were trying to order yours. I know right now there is not one Epedition in 100 miles of me, there is about 12 ford dealers in that range. To this day I have still never had a chance to drive one or even set in one. I hope I like it when it gets here.

• 2 weeks later...

My order was confirmed, and then the VIN was assigned, then the next week the build date was set. It looks like both of our Expeditions are being built the same week. I have a dealer ETA set for the last week of June.

This is Just a guess but maybe the salesman didn't want to take the time to go and look up the order to find your VIN right then, so they just said they didn't have it yet. Thats just a guess, because I think at least based off the process I have been though this past few weeks with mine that its unlikely to have a build date without the VIN being assigned.

I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, every Thursday Ford has updated my order status.

1. Week one I got the order confirmed with no problems or errors.

2. Week 2 I got the VIN #

3. Week 3, I got the order date week of the 14th and Dealer eta last week of June it should arrive at the dealer.

Edited by cc1999

My order was confirmed, and then the VIN was assigned, then the next week the build date was set. It looks like both of our Expeditions are being built the same week. I have a dealer ETA set for the last week of June.

This is Just a guess but maybe the salesman didn't want to take the time to go and look up the order to find your VIN right then, so they just said they didn't have it yet. Thats just a guess, because I think at least based off the process I have been though this past few weeks with mine that its unlikely to have a build date without the VIN being assigned.

I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, every Thursday Ford has updated my order status.

1. Week one I got the order confirmed with no problems or errors.

2. Week 2 I got the VIN #

3. Week 3, I got the order date week of the 14th and Dealer eta last week of June it should arrive at the dealer.

How can you order an 09? Shouldn't these be 2010's?

How can you order an 09? Shouldn't these be 2010's?

The 2010 order guide was released the same week I ordered mine. I saw they were dropping Gloss black, the color I was planning to order, and since there really were not any other changes other than color, I decided since the 2009 order bank was still open to order from for another week. I went with the 09. Also if you order a 2010 there would be no incentives when it came in, and Job one was not going to be till after the summer shut down. I decided it was best to jump on the 2009.

• 3 weeks later...
I placed an order for a 2009 expedition max-kr on mar6 took for ever to hear anything,went to the dealer yesterday may4 they received dora on apr23 i have a vin# and a build date of may25

Just to give you an update my expedition came in on june 20,picked it up on june 24,very impressed with this one!!

Congrats on the new rig. Mine showed up the 23rd, I picked it up last night. I am really happy with it. It rides and drive quite a bit nicer then my 2007 Suburban, and if the computer is even close on the mileage, its getting 2-3 mpg better then my Suburban. Last night on the highway it was showing over 18mpg, my suburban does best of about 15-16 on the highway. The new EL KR is the first vehichle I have ever owned with airconditioned seats. Man with temps in here bumping the hundred mark and heat index reaching 108. I really like the AC seats in this thing.

Edited by cc1999

Congrats on the new rig. Mine showed up the 23rd, I picked it up last night. I am really happy with it. It rides and drive quite a bit nicer then my 2007 Suburban, and if the computer is even close on the mileage, its getting 2-3 mpg better then my Suburban. Last night on the highway it was showing over 18mpg, my suburban does best of about 15-16 on the highway. The new EL KR is the first vehichle I have ever owned with airconditioned seats. Man with temps in here bumping the hundred mark and heat index reaching 108. I really like the AC seats in this thing.

Ah, I am so jealous. I'd like to get an EL KR for my wife and three boys and move on from the minivan. I missed the '09 cutoff so I'm going to wait a bit (maybe until Sept or Oct) to order a new one.

Is the 5.4L enough motor for a vehicle so heavy? I keep debating whether I should wait for a new engine for the '11 MY. I'd like to take advantage of the sales tax deduction this year though.

It seems like everyone in my area has a Suburban - I'd like to add one Expedition to the town.

Good luck with the new Expy.

Eric

Ah, I am so jealous. I'd like to get an EL KR for my wife and three boys and move on from the minivan. I missed the '09 cutoff so I'm going to wait a bit (maybe until Sept or Oct) to order a new one.

Is the 5.4L enough motor for a vehicle so heavy? I keep debating whether I should wait for a new engine for the '11 MY. I'd like to take advantage of the sales tax deduction this year though.

It seems like everyone in my area has a Suburban - I'd like to add one Expedition to the town.

Good luck with the new Expy.

Eric

It's plenty motor if your not pulling a 10,000lb trailer. I don't pull anything and it gets up and scoots. Go drive one before you buy of course.

It's plenty motor if your not pulling a 10,000lb trailer. I don't pull anything and it gets up and scoots. Go drive one before you buy of course.

That's all that matters - we don't have anything to tow. I've driven the F-150 with the 5.4L but was worried about the extra weight of the Expy EL.

Thanks,

Eric

That's all that matters - we don't have anything to tow. I've driven the F-150 with the 5.4L but was worried about the extra weight of the Expy EL.

Thanks,

Eric

The power seems pretty decent. No complaints here, and I do pull trailers quite often. It feels a little stronger then my 07 5.3L Suburban. I am really liking the the better mileage. I took the Xpy on a little 1.5 hour trip last night, and it shows 18 mpg, wich to me having had this 07 suburban and making that same trip over and over in it for 2 years, and never seeing more than 15mpg-16mpg, I thought it was a really nice improvement. Also Did I mention how awesome AC seats are in the summer.

The power seems pretty decent. No complaints here, and I do pull trailers quite often. It feels a little stronger then my 07 5.3L Suburban. I am really liking the the better mileage. I took the Xpy on a little 1.5 hour trip last night, and it shows 18 mpg, wich to me having had this 07 suburban and making that same trip over and over in it for 2 years, and never seeing more than 15mpg-16mpg, I thought it was a really nice improvement. Also Did I mention how awesome AC seats are in the summer.

I bet those seats with the cooling feature are neat. Maybe my shirt won't stick to the leather like it does in my car.

I'm mildly surprised about the differences you've experienced in fuel economy between the Expy and Suburban. Not sure why there is such a disparity. Glad to hear it though.

I'm fighting myself from ordering a new Expy right now, trying to wait it out for a bit. Not easy.

I bet those seats with the cooling feature are neat. Maybe my shirt won't stick to the leather like it does in my car.

I'm mildly surprised about the differences you've experienced in fuel economy between the Expy and Suburban. Not sure why there is such a disparity. Glad to hear it though.

I'm fighting myself from ordering a new Expy right now, trying to wait it out for a bit. Not easy.

The 07+ expys are great on gas. The 6 speed helps a lot.

Ya it suprised me too. I was hoping it would at least get the same. I read some reviews that some commented on the better mileage do to the 6 speed, I was just not sure I believed it. I have had a few pickups in years past with 5.4L motors and they hard on fuel compared to the chevys I had had in the past and the Chevys had more power. This 6 speed seems to have turned the tables a little on the comparison. Now the Ford feels like it might have a little more power and now the Ford gets the better mileage. I should also mention how incredibly quite this Epy is inside, at all speeds, it is very quite. Also so far there is none of the clunky rattle trap feel of Large SUVs from the years past. The 07 burb was also quite inside, but not quite as quite as this new Expy though.

Ya it suprised me too. I was hoping it would at least get the same. I read some reviews that some commented on the better mileage do to the 6 speed, I was just not sure I believed it. I have had a few pickups in years past with 5.4L motors and they hard on fuel compared to the chevys I had had in the past and the Chevys had more power. This 6 speed seems to have turned the tables a little on the comparison. Now the Ford feels like it might have a little more power and now the Ford gets the better mileage. I should also mention how incredibly quite this Epy is inside, at all speeds, it is very quite. Also so far there is none of the clunky rattle trap feel of Large SUVs from the years past. The 07 burb was also quite inside, but not quite as quite as this new Expy though.

I would agree with you,this new one is way quiter than my 2004 expy lots of get up and go although have'nt drive'in it enough to get a true reading on the fuel mileage,but i can't see it being any worse than my 2004,i was getting 14 in town and 17-19 on the hwy,with it.the ride on this new one is awesome,having never had a navagational system before,i'm finding this thing amazing,OH and by the way just to let you know,when i told the wife i ordered the 09 she did'nt talk to me for almost a month,she was totally happy with the 04,now she doesnt shut-up, everyday she comes home from work and all she keeps saying i just love that truck,was kind of nice when she wasn't talking!!! maybe i should tell her i,m ordering 2010 superduty,i know that will shut her up!!!!!!!!