Ranger gas mileage

gafry

Please tell me what kind of gas mileage you are getting and the type of Ranger

exp: 15-16 mpg Ranger Ext Cab 4.0 automatic

thank you

2009 Ranger, appx 2400 miles, ext cab 4.0L/Auto Sport. Im averaging right now around 16.8-17.0 MPG. Ive been told it will get better as it racks up a few more miles and so far its true. My first tank out of it I barely cracked over 16mpg so its SLOWLY improving.

Last Ranger was a 2004 XLT ext cab 3.0L/5pd manual. I got around 20mpg on average out of it with a high average of 22mpg a few times.

Both had an 80/20 Highway/City driving mix.

I have a 1997 Ranger with the 2.3 Lima engine and an automatic transmission. I typically get 21-22 mpg, with most of my mileage racked up on the highway running 70-75 mph. My understanding is that the newer Rangers with the 2.3 Duratec engine get slightly better mileage.

My dad has a 2001 XLT SuperCab 4x4 with the 4.0L OHC V6 and 5-speed auto. I borrowed it for a trip to Sacramento a few years ago (took about three hours from where I live). Got about 20.5 MPG doing around 80 MPH most of the time. He's matched that highway economy before. In city he does 16-17 MPG I believe.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...