Climate Control Issues

LIGHTNING_KID

Hi all,

Has anyone had an issue with slow/no refresh of the outside temperature readout on their car? Sometimes it takes 2-3 key cycles to get it to read the correct temperature...my '06 Zephyr had this happen, after two trips to the dealership (one PCM flash, one AC control head) the problem was corrected, hoping this is not the case again...my car is '10 Fusion Hybrid w/navigation unit.

Thx-

Hi all,

Has anyone had an issue with slow/no refresh of the outside temperature readout on their car? Sometimes it takes 2-3 key cycles to get it to read the correct temperature...my '06 Zephyr had this happen, after two trips to the dealership (one PCM flash, one AC control head) the problem was corrected, hoping this is not the case again...my car is '10 Fusion Hybrid w/navigation unit.

Thx-

I've had it being slow occasionally, but not that slow -- no changes for 10-15 minutes happened about twice or three times for me, but not the entire trip... (Mine is also a hybrid with navigation.)

I know the temp. display will not refresh if you are under a certain MPH.

That's an.. interesting.. design decision.

Is there any way to show the internal temperature on the NAV display? I'm curious as to how hot the car says it is inside on those hot Florida afternoons.

That's an.. interesting.. design decision.

Is there any way to show the internal temperature on the NAV display? I'm curious as to how hot the car says it is inside on those hot Florida afternoons.

Reason is when you are sitting idle on hot asphalt with the A/C running, the sensor behind the bumper would read over 100 degrees pretty fast.

And there is no way that I know of to show internal temp.

No vehicle that I know has ever displayed the internal temperature, even with Automatic temperature control.... I don't believe they do that, as I believe the ATC has multiple sensors in the car to determine how it shoudl be blowing the air.... Until the point the manufacturer wants to average this temperature you won't see it.. (I believe one is on the front dash which gets the bright sunlight and the other is elsewhere in the cab)

Additionally, I have had multiple cars that have the external temperature and as others mention here, the car will not update immediately... I always tell my passengers to wait a good 3 minutes before they look at the temperature, because the car is still trying to figure it out as menioned multiple times above.

Unfortunately that's the negative otpions when you have the temperature read-outs.... :) But still a nice convenience to know what youre getting into.

You can always use a small inexpensive thermometer if you really want to measure internal temperature against the climate control. But I go with the assumption that the climate control has reached the set temperature when the fans slow down (if climate is set to auto).

You can always use a small inexpensive thermometer if you really want to measure internal temperature against the climate control. But I go with the assumption that the climate control has reached the set temperature when the fans slow down (if climate is set to auto).

Well, yeah, I could.. But I mean, I've got this big, expensive thermometer I'm sitting in and all :lol: