Tell me about the nav on the FFH

mirak

Based on track capacity, the jukebox is definitely ripping the CDs to an mp3 or similar compressed format. It's curious that the jukebox won't accept mp3s directly. The CD player will play mp3s, right? And, of course, mp3 can be synced via USB. So, I'm not sure where the "piracy" issue comes in.

The vast majority of my music is mp3 only. I haven't bought a new CD in years. Still, I've got plenty of old CDs that I might want to rip to the jukebox. Having the album art on the nav screen would be nifty, I guess.

In reading other posts on other forums, there is definitely some mixed information on whether an iPhone can be synced via USB and used as a phone (Bluetooth or otherwise) at the same time. I guess I'll just find out when my FFH and iPhone 3Gs arrive.

If anyone has actually synced a phone to the USB, your advice on the phone's functionality while synced would be appreciated.

It appears it encodes them into the ATRAC3 format. It's Sony's version of mp3. The regular CD player can play mp3 discs, just as any other current model radio.

The "piracy" issue is really more of a CYA by Ford and Sony. They don't want to be pulled into any type of litigation involving illegal downloads. It's stupid, but that's the way corporations work. Perhaps someday they'll wake up and realize that Chysler's jukebox works the way you think it would. It's just a HDD that you can load straight mp3's on...

In reading other posts on other forums, there is definitely some mixed information on whether an iPhone can be synced via USB and used as a phone (Bluetooth or otherwise) at the same time. I guess I'll just find out when my FFH and iPhone 3Gs arrive.

If anyone has actually synced a phone to the USB, your advice on the phone's functionality while synced would be appreciated.

I found some info on the iPhone USB sync/BT question:

http://fordsyncforum.com/index.php?showtopic=395

Folks,

I figured out how to get around this problem. There is an icon on the iPhone screen that allows you select output to either speakers or BT. IF you select the speakers option, then press the stop/pause icon. Then select the USB input on sync, then press play on the sync screen. Although this is tedious it seams to work.