Adding homelink to FFH

mirak

I'd like to swap out the visors in my new FFH for homelink-equipped visors. I see many listed on eBay for around $50, but I need a set that's (a) compatible with the car, and (B) matches the ceiling color.

Do the 2010 Fusions have different-colored ceilings based on upholstery color? If so, anybody know the color code for the ceiling of a 2010 FFH with medium stone leather interior?

Anybody added homelink visors? Any recommendations of matching cars?

I looked into this for my 2010 Sport. I am not sure what it would take to modify the existing visors. I had Ford parts price a homelink visor for a 2010 MKZ and it was too much around $400. The thing you have to watch looking at previous years is the 2010 has the newer type of cloth on the visors and roof.

I suspect it's going to be really tough, if not impossible, to find homelink visors which actually match the ceiling fabric of the 2010 FFH. But if I can get something close, nobody will probably ever notice. My dealership's parts & service center may be able to help get me some color codes and close matches, though I definitely won't be buying a new set of visors from them! If I cannot find something suitable on eBay for 50 bucks or so, I'll just suck it up and tuck a little transmitter somewhere.

• 1 month later...