How Do You Look Up Vehicle MPG via VIN?

97 F350

Still trying to figure out if we can take advantage of the clunker bill. Per the fueleconomy.gov website, our 2001 Windstar gets 18 mpg combined. Since as far as I can tell, a mini-van is considered a Category 1 truck, so in order to get $3500, we need to find a replacement that gets 20 mpg or better. We need a seven seater, so the choices are limited. The only one we have found so far is the VW/Chrylser mini-vans - we have to get the top of the line so we can get the optional 4.0 V-6 in order to get the mileage.

But when were at our local CDJ dealer last week, he ran the VIN on our minivan and it came back as 17 mpg. So this would let us get a minivan with a lower trim package and the base engine since they get 19 mpg.

I was able to glance at his printout of our van and it said we had a 2000 Windstar - which does get 17 mpg. The build date on our door sticker is either January or February 01 which would be 2001 MY.

Does anybody know of a website that I can look up our vehicle by its VIN???

If we do in fact get 17 mgp - then we can get a Flex - which I finally go my wife to look at this weekend - and now SHE LOVES IT! She thought it was going to be a LOT bigger than it was plus the way it was advertised - she thought it was aiming for young male market - not the minivan-needing crowd.