FFH order wait times

mirak

I know there's a super long thread on Fusion order status, but it's tough to read through 385 posts and counting.

Would anyone who has ordered a FFH please post:

a ) when they ordered,

b ) when they got their VIN,

c ) when it was delivered, and

d ) your city?

I just placed my order less than two weeks ago, so I'll probably wait a bit longer before pestering the dealer for updates, but I'd like to have a benchmark. I was hoping for delivery in 8 to 12 weeks.

Edited by mirak

Hey mirak,

I've been on these posts and read through a majority of that Fusion order status thread....

When I ordered my Fusion Sport, it took it a full 8 weeks for delivery, and was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks. But with the disclaimer that it could be as soon as 5 as well! So my dealer in March 2009 was accurate and recieved it early June 2009.

However, on the flip side of my order time, others in that past have been recieving them much quicker as I believe that the Hermisillo plant is gaining ground and opting up it's production percentages... I think I've seen some indeed recieve them as soon as that 5 week window.

The only way to find out is ask your delaer to keep you posted. My General Manager of the dealership I did business with would let me know when I asked every 2 weeks as thier insight program (like a fedex tracking program from ford directly) allows them to see where the car stands. However until ford completes the "ETA" date field they can only tell you where the vehicle is presently at in its production lifecycle.

I hope that answers your question plus some!

Good luck, I know its a challenge to wait for your new fusion, but you'll love it when it comes in! I absolutely LOVE my sport 250% more than I thought I would, and it does everything I could have imagined plus...

Additionally you'll love your NAVI system! Keep us posted on your cycle as you go along! Always interesting to hear how others make out on thier progress as well!