2010 Mustang GT chrome shift knob

upstate

I looked at a 2010 Mustang GT premium, manual tranny, even test drove it and swore it had the chrome shift ball on it. I bought it and when I returned 6 hours later to pick up the car, no chrome ball instead the V6 shift handle. Dealer says I'm wrong and said it will cost $180. from parts. I can not find anywhere what package that chrome knob comes on. Can anyone help??

I looked at a 2010 Mustang GT premium, manual tranny, even test drove it and swore it had the chrome shift ball on it. I bought it and when I returned 6 hours later to pick up the car, no chrome ball instead the V6 shift handle. Dealer says I'm wrong and said it will cost $180. from parts. I can not find anywhere what package that chrome knob comes on. Can anyone help??

There are two interior packages for the 2010 premium cars. There is the standard 400A and there is the 401A upgrade package. Look on your sticker to see which one you have. The 401A has the stripe in the seats and the bullet style shift knob from the 08-09 car. The 400A has the standard shift knob carried ove. look on fordvehicles.com for images of the knob. or do a google search for images of the interior to compare.

• 2 weeks later...

I would rethink that shift knob.

I bought a '08 Bullitt; the shift knob you desire is the same one used on the Bullitt.

The metal knob is not comfortable to use. In the winter it is too cold; in the summer it can be too hot.

My solution was to buy a very basic looking black ball shift knob from Roush. The shift pattern is indicated in white. It was about $40 or so delivered. I am keeping the metal one with the car but I will never again use it.

- ranchero -