Fiesta sighting

Was sitting at the traffic light on the way home and a Fiesta zips around the corner and past me on the way to WalMart.

It was the "Ultra Violet" color. I'm guessing this is probably the same one Richard saw recently.

Didn't think I'd see one before they hit the dealers.

No pictures from you either?

Trust us, folks, they do have cameras in South Dakota!

---

My93SHO:

Maybe the guy was going to cruise the Brookings Automall parking lot---let the sales reps see what they're missing.

BTW, did you know a Sioux Falls firm built the Fiesta Movement website?

Whoever was driving was definitely in a hurry. Entertained the thought of turning around but I had ice cream in the car so I had to get home!

Between the Sturgis Rally, ball games, WeFest and one salesman having his son born we only had a skeleton crew of sales staff and service staff. It was the longest, most boring day I've had there.

On a positive note the new Culver's next door will be done soon! Butter burgers!The Advance Auto guys let the construction crew use their lot so they get free food. Bastards.

That explains why Sioux Falls has two Fiesta Movement agents: Tanya Kruiter #87 http://www.fiestamovement.com/agents/view/87 and Hugh Weber #42 http://www.fiestamovement.com/agents/view/42

Weird. I've not seen either car--well, at least not until I saw the purple one last week. Of course, I also work from home, right smack dab in the middle of town and don't drive much in the city--and even at that I drive more than I could/should.

The local firm was a subcontractor under whatever Omnicom agency is handling the overall campaign. I don't recognize either name, but that's not to say that they aren't friends of friends or something.

--

MySHO:

You work at the Brookings Automall? I thought you lived/worked in Flandreau.

Edited by RichardJensen

Weird. I've not seen either car--well, at least not until I saw the purple one last week. Of course, I also work from home, right smack dab in the middle of town and don't drive much in the city--and even at that I drive more than I could/should.

The local firm was a subcontractor under whatever Omnicom agency is handling the overall campaign. I don't recognize either name, but that's not to say that they aren't friends of friends or something.

--

MySHO:

You work at the Brookings Automall? I thought you lived/worked in Flandreau.

No.I live in Aurora. Mike S. killed Flandreau Motors. He's good at getting rid of his dad's money. From what I've heard he's pissing everyone off at daddy's Subaru store now.

He's the poster boy for a rich man's stupid/worthless kid.

Never been all that impressed by Ted either, of course he was able to make money in the business--even if son Mike wasn't... In fact, my experience has been that the truly decent dealership families are the exception rather than the rule in these parts. The number of truly well-run family dealerships might fit on one hand. The rest of 'em....... politics, family members with no aptitude for their jobs, no business sense, arbitrary decision making, high-handed management, failure to recognize and reward or feeling threatened by talented staff, lousy oversight ($350k embezzled from Wegner's didn't surprise me in the slightest. I've seen how their office is run), you name it, and it's there. Maybe not all of it everywhere, but some of it most places.

BTW--next time you're in SF, check out the Executive Touch 'showroom' south of the Subaru lot. Nice collection of classics in there.

Edited by RichardJensen