New LS Owner

Just signed the paper on a 2004 LS V8 tonight. Pick it up in the morning, gotta admit I'm pretty pumped.

My last car was a 2004 LS, with a V6. It's a good, solid, safe, comfortable, powerful car. I don't think you'll regret it. (Its downside is its not-great fuel efficiency, but you can't have everything.)

Edited by nelsonlu

Congrats! I bought a 2001 LS V8 with 78,000 miles about 3 months ago. It only had one previous owner and has been well taken care of.

As for your question, the Sport models have monochrome bumpers (no chrome inserts on them), 17" wheels, and I believe slightly different suspension set up. The chrome is the easiest way to tell them apart. I don't know what the Ultimate is, but there is also an LSE which is a Sport with some body treatments, different wheels, and a different grille.

Standard LS V8 - chrome on bumpers

02_LincolnLS_Pic.jpg

LS V8 Sport - no chrome on bumpers, and I think this guy swapped the grille with an LSE grille...it should look like the grille above

835861_84_full.jpg

LSE

2004-lincoln-lse.jpg