Ollie is in 5.0 this Month!!!

oldracer

I was sitting on the throne reading my new 5.0 and see this article about Ollie Kamp from NJ......

The discussion of the pulley fiasco sealed the deal....Its OLLIE!!!!!

Great car man....you have come a long way in 7 yrs with your knowledge and your car.

Again, great job. Maybe some of the "old guys" who know about the pulley story will post congrats to you as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures make me miss my 99 Cobra Vert.....oddly, it looked just like yours....

I am busy building the 93 & the 02 Vert, a few thousand at a time.....keeps us out of trouble though.

I am very happy for you, you sure earned it that's for sure... :bandance:

In 5.0, or 5.0 mustangs and superfords? He told me it was the latter, and he gave me a shout-out for the intake work. Ive gotta find this magazine, but the pickens are pretty slim around here.

As far as the pulley fiasco goes, I was on the other end of an AIM session with Ollie, when he was trying to figure out how to do his pulleys. I had to leave for awhile, and when I came back, he said he was still having issues. I said, "I hope you have the right pulley puller, and you're not using one of those small ones that will drive the nose into the threads and rip them out". He responded with an "Oh fuck God no!" He had done what i hoped he hadnt. I blame it on my boss who made me leave the computer for a couple hours. Sorry Ollie, wish I couldve advised you in time. You surely have come a LONG way, and we're all very proud of where you are today. Congrats!

Edited by 32V HEMI JR.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, i really appreciate it.

The article wasn't exactly what i was looking for, but you can't argue with getting a stock looking black cobra vert in a magazine.

Anyway, yeah its been a while since that pulley incident, and I still get the cold chill from it. i felt soo stupid and it was such a rookie mistake. However, it really was the machine shop's fault that the keyway broke.

Anyway, thanks for the shout-out, I appreciate it. I wish this board had more action, but that seems to be a thing of the past.

Anyways, I'll keep and eye on the posts on here.

Agent99 out!

Hey HITMAN.....good to know you are alive & well....anything exciting besides your nice car?

Lots going on for me, I'll fill you in later.

I'm having Rotator Cuff surgery in 2 weeks, then I'll be trying to stir up this board again!!!!!!!!

Think my 2005 Focus ST, think KUGEL Kit and we got us a plan.....

Hey John, how the heck are you? How are the back and the knees holding up? Still riding or did you finally give that crazy-assed hobby up?

As for that Kugel kit, I had to google it to find out what it was but now I understand. Are you going to go old school and jam a Windsor in there or go 4.6 DOHC 32v and really fill the space between the struts? :yahoo:

Congrats Ollie!

I will have to go out and get the Mag.

PS. It is to bad that this place is fading. I used to love to browse and lurk. I check here every now and again but nothing ever seems to change. I hope it livens upo again.

Hisss 99 B)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...