How the women of Ford, an assembly plant, and a guy named Larry changed my life

Great Story.....be sure to read the comments from the readers. Quite different than the POS & MF's on detnews or freep.

http://citymama.typepad.com/citymama/2009/...in-any-way.html

Great story. I had the same response the first time I walked in to Atlanta Assembly in '06 and saw the Taurus being built. I was an inspector at a parts plant that made the facias. I teared up when I found a car with a bumper I actually inspected being built. It still sends a chill when I think about it.

An awesome experience for all of us that don't have a clue as to what is involved in the process. When you look at your car in the driveway, it blows your mind as to all the hands and parts that are involved to make it whole.

Thanks for the post. I put it on my Facebook page for all of my non-auto worker friends to read.

Great Story.....be sure to read the comments from the readers. Quite different than the POS & MF's on detnews or freep.

http://citymama.typepad.com/citymama/2009/...in-any-way.html

Good PR I guess...but the article is complete fluff. No woman on the line gets to work 3 days a week simply because she has kids. Doesn't happen. Every request for our entitled vac pay up here is simply denied. Mullaly the teflon man is getting tiresome.

Good PR I guess...but the article is complete fluff. No woman on the line gets to work 3 days a week simply because she has kids. Doesn't happen. Every request for our entitled vac pay up here is simply denied. Mullaly the teflon man is getting tiresome.

She doesn't work on the line. She is salary. :finger:

So much negativity from our brothers and sisters up North. You would almost think they have given up more than us down here.