Picked up my 2010 MKZ yesterday !

longislander

After 3 years behind the wheel of an '07 Cadillac CTS, which I've loved dearly, my lease ended. Wanting to show my support for Ford at this time for how well they've managed their business through these difficult economic times, I replaced the CTS with a 2010 Lincoln MKZ FWD, Tuxedo Black metallic with Steel Grey leather, Technology and Sport packages. I picked it up yesterday and after 80 miles, here are my initial impressions.

The styling changes for 2010 make a big difference. The car looks much less like a "gussied-up" Fusion or Milan than in the past. The Sport package's 18-inch polished aluminum wheels, body-color door handles and blacked-out grill and headlights give the car a subdued, menacing appearance, especially on a black car, which I love. The metallic look of the Tuxedo Black is stunning in the sunlight. The LED taillights are great looking - if I was following a '10 MKZ I'd rush up next to it just to see what it was.

The interior is gorgeous. Beautifully tailored leather seats with the contrasting "tuxedo stripe" and piping and aluminum trim on the dash and doors (also all part of the Sport package) give it a "tech" look which I prefer. The interior lighting is spectacular - the fluorescent white gauges combined with the ambient lighting (I picked the blue) create quite a cool-looking nighttime environment inside the car. The seats are rather firm but comfortable and the cooled seat feature works very well.

The car is super-quiet on the highway but the engine sounds wonderful when you push down a bit on the accelersrtor...a subdued deep throaty resonance delights your ears.

Ride is very firm (but not at all uncomfortable) with the sport suspension tuning and low-profile tires. I prefer it that way but it may not be considered very "Lincoln-esque"...more traditional buyers might prefer the standard suspension set-up.

The difference between the FWD Lincoln and the RWD Cadillac is very noticeable in the driving feel. The turning circle on the CTS is super-tight - not so with the MKZ. And you can feel how much more nose-heavy the FWD Lincoln is. I'll appreciate the FWD in the snow but the overall feel of lightness and balance is clearly superior in the RWD Cadillac.

Well that's it for now, I'm gonna go put some more miles on my beautiful new car on this sunny day !

Edited by longislander

After 3 years behind the wheel of an '07 Cadillac CTS, which I've loved dearly, my lease ended. Wanting to show my support for Ford at this time for how well they've managed their business through these difficult economic times, I replaced the CTS with a 2010 Lincoln MKZ FWD, Tuxedo Black metallic with Steel Grey leather, Technology and Sport packages. I picked it up yesterday and after 80 miles, here are my initial impressions.

The styling changes for 2010 make a big difference. The car looks much less like a "gussied-up" Fusion or Milan than in the past. The Sport package's 18-inch polished aluminum wheels, body-color door handles and blacked-out grill and headlights give the car a subdued, menacing appearance, especially on a black car, which I love. The metallic look of the Tuxedo Black is stunning in the sunlight. The LED taillights are great looking - if I was following a '10 MKZ I'd rush up next to it just to see what it was.

The interior is gorgeous. Beautifully tailored leather seats with the contrasting "tuxedo stripe" and piping and aluminum trim on the dash and doors (also all part of the Sport package) give it a "tech" look which I prefer. The interior lighting is spectacular - the fluorescent white gauges combined with the ambient lighting (I picked the blue) create quite a cool-looking nighttime environment inside the car. The seats are rather firm but comfortable and the cooled seat feature works very well.

The car is super-quiet on the highway but the engine sounds wonderful when you push down a bit on the accelersrtor...a subdued deep throaty resonance delights your ears.

Ride is very firm (but not at all uncomfortable) with the sport suspension tuning and low-profile tires. I prefer it that way but it may not be considered very "Lincoln-esque"...more traditional buyers might prefer the standard suspension set-up.

The difference between the FWD Lincoln and the RWD Cadillac is very noticeable in the driving feel. The turning circle on the CTS is super-tight - not so with the MKZ. And you can feel how much more nose-heavy the FWD Lincoln is. I'll appreciate the FWD in thw snow but the overall feel of lightness and balance is clearly superior in the RWD Cadillac.

Well that's it for now, I'm gonna go put some more miles on my beautiful new car on this sunny day !

Congrats on getting the new MKZ and thanks for coming over to Ford. I'm hoping many GM and Chrysler owners will consider doing the same when it is time for their next vehicle.

It sounds like a great car from your description. The turning circle on these cars is one flaw they really haven't addressed properly. I agree about RWD being superior in ideal conditions but I'm sure you'll find the FWD to do quite well on wet roads. You brought up a good point about the suspension - Im with you, prefer the sporty ride and handling. If folks want a little more comfort, they'll have to step up to the MKS.

Best of luck with it and post some pics when you get a chance.

Eric