Wait for 2011 F150?

Doo Dad

The lease on my 2007 F150 runs out in February. I was hoping to see something new under the hood but I guess that wont happen. Should I stretch things somehow to get to MY 2011 or just stay on track and get a 2010? Any thoughts?

I'm with you, I'm waiting for a 2011. Between, Coyote, EB & possible Boss good things are coming... They're just a couple years late.

Any one of those should be considerably better than current options.

Only problem is based on info that floated around 2-3 weeks ago, the MY 2011 F150 only starts production late @ mid Nov 2010. So we gotta wait another 15-16 months min until they're on the lots.... SUX. :censored:

I'm with you, I'm waiting for a 2011. Between, Coyote, EB & possible Boss good things are coming... They're just a couple years late.

Any one of those should be considerably better than current options.

Only problem is based on info that floated around 2-3 weeks ago, the MY 2011 F150 only starts production late @ mid Nov 2010. So we gotta wait another 15-16 months min until they're on the lots.... SUX. :censored:

That is part of the reason I just ordered a 2010, it is still a good ways off before you can possibly get one with the new engine's set up the way you want. Besides, if I drive this one for 3-5 years hopefully the new engines will have proven themselves and it gives Ford time to work out any bugs that might come up in their production.

The lease on my 2007 F150 runs out in February. I was hoping to see something new under the hood but I guess that wont happen. Should I stretch things somehow to get to MY 2011 or just stay on track and get a 2010? Any thoughts?

I'm trying to wait it out with the hope that the Coyote engine will be available. I've seen quite a few '09 & '10 models on the road, I'm getting antsy!

That is part of the reason I just ordered a 2010, it is still a good ways off before you can possibly get one with the new engine's set up the way you want. Besides, if I drive this one for 3-5 years hopefully the new engines will have proven themselves and it gives Ford time to work out any bugs that might come up in their production.

I agree with this. I'm glad that I waited a few years on the 6-speed transmission on my Explorer, because the bugs have been worked out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to try an EcoBoost so I test drove a Flex yesterday. Very impressed. Pulled strong and would certainly fit the bill for my towing needs. Also gives me 6 passengers when/if needed. Downside is that I have to buy a Limited here in the great white north to have the engine. I was getting AWD anyway. Hoping to see some incentives come along to help with the difference. I don't want this thing to cost more than my pickup

• 2 weeks later...

Beware. The longer you wait, the more time the Obama administration has to make emissions so strict that you won't want the truck you can get in 2012. It looks like it is happening in 2012 in CA.

Had to try an EcoBoost so I test drove a Flex yesterday. Very impressed. Pulled strong and would certainly fit the bill for my towing needs. Also gives me 6 passengers when/if needed. Downside is that I have to buy a Limited here in the great white north to have the engine. I was getting AWD anyway. Hoping to see some incentives come along to help with the difference. I don't want this thing to cost more than my pickup

Last time I looked at fordvehicles.com you can get the SEL with EB. Maybe it's an Alaska thing.

Edited by DUCKRACER

Last time I looked at fordvehicles.com you can get the SEL with EB. Maybe it's an Alaska thing.

It is a US thing from what I can see. In Canada it is only available in the Limited AWD. Of course the Limited here is missing the navigation as standard but still costs way more. I'm at $1,400 for shipping and the thing is built an hour from my home.