STERLING POSTING

melisacuz

lol yeah prob later than sooner the way things are going with this contract crap,we are on the back burner

I am told sooner. Sterling's RDU to start is almost 80 jobs. Pat Reid is asking for 50 more people to cover what we have already. The new work coming I wonder if the skilled trades from 400 will also be made permanent. We will obviously need them well after the october deadline.

I am told "by our leadership" that the local will now try to rebid the axle shafts and cases with a buisness case. That would be great.

The entry level piece of the contract changes those figures.

I also heard it was unanamous to accept the agreement by all local Bargaining Committes and Chairmen, except two.

Both were from local 600 truck plant, the guy in the newspaper.

I am told sooner. Sterling's RDU to start is almost 80 jobs. Pat Reid is asking for 50 more people to cover what we have already. The new work coming I wonder if the skilled trades from 400 will also be made permanent. We will obviously need them well after the october deadline.

I am told "by our leadership" that the local will now try to rebid the axle shafts and cases with a buisness case. That would be great.

I also heard it was unanamous to accept the agreement by all local Bargaining Committes and Chairmen, except two.

ARE THESE POSTINGS LIKELY TO BE TEMP OR PERM? NOT THAT I CARE MUCH WORKED BOTH AT STERLING AND VANDYKE, THANKS FOR THE INFO.

Perm. The one great thing about Sterling is we have yet to have an ILO. I do give credit to Jeff,Dave,Jerry,Nell, Larry, Kenn for that.

WELL THERE WAS ONE BEFORE I LEFT IN MAY BUT THEY WERE IN GEN PROTECTED STILL,THEY ARE A HELL OF ALOT STRONGER AT STERLING THAN AT VANDYKE, SHOULD HAVE STAYED THERE INSTEAD TO RBU HOME. BIG MISTAKE

melisacuz, I'm surprised they only posted for 1 job considering that I heard last week Sterling is supposedly SHORT 85 production. Although I do know what the 1 posting is for. Backfill for 1 current production employee to go back onto apprenticeship from '04 layoff back to production. Managemnet will not let that employee go back on apprenticeship until backfilled on production. Yea I know- pretty F'in stupid to hold just 1 employee for backfill, but its true. Good for one of you or someone at Utica who has been out for a while B)

Eagle, the deadline has already passed and those Utica trades temps have been extended til the end of the year. Haven't heard if they will be made permanent at Sterling yet.

ARE THESE POSTINGS LIKELY TO BE TEMP OR PERM? NOT THAT I CARE MUCH WORKED BOTH AT STERLING AND VANDYKE, THANKS FOR THE INFO.

Yes that posting is for permanent

Edited by Sterling Axle Member

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those on ILO from VD shoulda took the buyout. once this new contract gets going, trades will be laid off and displace more production people. Your time at Ford is about up.

I don't like it, but thats how it might be.

Wow that's the dumbest shit I've ever read on this forum !!! Please people like you thrive off shit like this !! Should've took the buyout ?? WHY ??? Everyone that's on ILO from the eastside will have there job's !!! " Your time at ford is about up " LMAO :hysterical:

whatever dude. once this shitty contract passes watch a bunch of 15 to 10 year tradesmen get moved back to production, and all these low people get bounced again.

you've read stupider shit, mostly cuz you've posted some of it.

I've hardly ever posted on here , please find my " stupid post's " LOL. You have to understand one thing , no matter what the company want's , if they want it bad enough we as a union must adjust because at the end they will get what they truly want !!

Edited by uaw400

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those on ILO from VD shoulda took the buyout. once this new contract gets going, trades will be laid off and displace more production people. Your time at Ford is about up.

I don't like it, but thats how it might be.

maybe you should take a fucking buyout asshole. im not done with ford and wouldnt give you or anyone the satisfaction on leaving the company just because of my seniority. been layed off before and went to quite a few other plants, instead of trying to bring your union members down, why dont you try fighting for others and quit being selfish. i know its a stretch for you. peace

maybe you should take a fucking buyout asshole. im not done with ford and wouldnt give you or anyone the satisfaction on leaving the company just because of my seniority. been layed off before and went to quite a few other plants, instead of trying to bring your union members down, why dont you try fighting for others and quit being selfish. i know its a stretch for you. peace

:hysterical:

Edited by uaw400

:stirpot:

Look i got friends out on ILO, sons of people i've worked for years with. I'm not the problem, i'm only the voice of the things we all worry might come true. Look at the new agreement, see the parts about trades in production? If this contract passes and trades reduces, guess who gets reduced too. That would be you again, because damn straight every single one of us with time is going back to production instead of the street.

thats great you have low seniortiy friends, thats why you should support them and say no to the new agreement. like i said been there done that, but i will be supportive of my other union brothers and sisters. sounds like you would sell us out for a a lousy 1,000. peace

these trades keep getting taken care of at VD. Like last contract when we were forced to give up CHIP HANDLEING, CLEANERS AND GARBAGE COLLECTION yet trades got to keep SNOW REMOVAL!!!!! look on page 103 of your blue contract book...."Ford out of snow removal by no later than 2009." ....guess what one job was fought for and won...the one trade job!!!!! we got sold out!!

Edited by HelloE

melisacuz, I'm surprised they only posted for 1 job considering that I heard last week Sterling is supposedly SHORT 85 production. Although I do know what the 1 posting is for. Backfill for 1 current production employee to go back onto apprenticeship from '04 layoff back to production. Managemnet will not let that employee go back on apprenticeship until backfilled on production. Yea I know- pretty F'in stupid to hold just 1 employee for backfill, but its true. Good for one of you or someone at Utica who has been out for a while B)

Eagle, the deadline has already passed and those Utica trades temps have been extended til the end of the year. Haven't heard if they will be made permanent at Sterling yet.

Thanks sTERLING!!

Wow that's the dumbest shit I've ever read on this forum !!! Please people like you thrive off shit like this !! Should've took the buyout ?? WHY ??? Everyone that's on ILO from the eastside will have there job's !!! " Your time at ford is about up " LMAO :hysterical:

IF THIS CONTRACT PASSES THEY WILL PROBABLY END UP IN STERLING..SINCE WE HIRED ABOUT 500 LOCAL 400 PEOPLE ALREADY.

whats 50 more? When we cant even get vacation replacments but they want us to take our vacation.

Look i got friends out on ILO, sons of people i've worked for years with. I'm not the problem, i'm only the voice of the things we all worry might come true. Look at the new agreement, see the parts about trades in production? If this contract passes and trades reduces, guess who gets reduced too. That would be you again, because damn straight every single one of us with time is going back to production instead of the street.

They can do that now...what are you talking about. The only diffrence is they now would be able to keep thier rate of pay.

Ya its a shame those trades guys from utica are being kept from working overtime. If you guys need help in trades why dont you need help on the weekend. Looks like your local took care of you guys. That job is not a temp job it keeps getting extended time after time. We took guys in and put them right in the rotation they can work the ot if they want. Stop being protectionist they are ford employees too.

Ya its a shame those trades guys from utica are being kept from working overtime. If you guys need help in trades why dont you need help on the weekend. Looks like your local took care of you guys. That job is not a temp job it keeps getting extended time after time. We took guys in and put them right in the rotation they can work the ot if they want. Stop being protectionist they are ford employees too.

Bump!