MANAGEMENT CONCESSIONS

lepskilledtrades

If Ford Motor Company really wanted send a positive message to their workers , creditors and the general public of how they are serious about turning the company around, They would have demanded a concession from management. How about 15% from upper management, 10% from middle and 5% from lower for starters? Before they made the decision to try and milk the blue collared workers again. Maybe that could have save them about a billion a year? (Just my opinion)

If Ford Motor Company really wanted send a positive message to their workers , creditors and the general public of how they are serious about turning the company around, They would have demanded a concession from management. How about 15% from upper management, 10% from middle and 5% from lower for starters? Before they made the decision to try and milk the blue collared workers again. Maybe that could have save them about a billion a year? (Just my opinion)

LMAO Management takes a pay cut IN YOUR DREAMS LULZ

This is no more than our UAW leaders taking BLIND eye to it's members knowing dammed well the membership is getting screwed while mgmt and our represenitives loose nothing !!!

Like allen said "I'M FINE WHERE I'M AT" Along with feilds and the rest of them

why doe's our union continue to place there freinds at deteriorating regional offices ?

Unbelievable this union has sold out "f**k them!!!!!!

I do believe that Chrysler and GM execs have to take pay cuts because of the money they took from the government. I don't see anything this MOD about "equity of sacrifice". I wonder if the big wigs will follow suit just to do the right thing? NOT

GM quietly reinstated managements pay last month. There is no equity of sacrifice.

"Detroit-based GM had cut salaries for white-collar workers in the United States by between 3% and 10% in May. The move to reinstate pay went into effect at the beginning of September."

http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/24/news/econo...tated/index.htm

Agree on upper management 100%. The top 20 officials at ford should take a 50% pay cut.

As far as milking us, we are giving up as much as we would gain.

No strike on existing wage and benefit increases. When was the last time we stuck over wages and benefits? Never we always strike over H&S or outside contracting. We are giving up something we have never done. Still have the right to strike over all other issues!

Entry Level employees, Each year of the contract they have been getting raises and we haven't hired one entry level employee. As far as lifting the cap on the 20%, currently there are 40k members, so 8k could be entry level. Not to mention that all ACH ford employees would have to be placed in Ford facilities before they could hire any of them. So that is 12k jobs that they would have to find before they would get over that 20%. Never going to happen and if it did, in 2015 it goes back to 20%.

Skilled trades mechanical teams, we have already agreed to this in Feb of this year. They were going to pilot 2 plants. Since Feb. there have been other plants that wanted to pilot, so it was agreed to have 2 plants in VO, 2 Plants in stamping and 2 plants in powertrain implement the mechanical teams. The new agreement allows them to be implemented at all locations and all those recent skilled trades that were laid off and excepted production jobs will be paid their skilled rate of pay.

I am trying to see where we are being milked? :headscratch:

Agree on upper management 100%. The top 20 officials at ford should take a 50% pay cut.

No strike on existing wage and benefit increases. When was the last time we stuck over wages and benefits? Never we always strike over H&S or outside contracting. We are giving up something we have never done. Still have the right to strike over all other issues!

Entry Level employees, Each year of the contract they have been getting raises and we haven't hired one entry level employee. As far as lifting the cap on the 20%, currently there are 40k members, so 8k could be entry level. Not to mention that all ACH ford employees would have to be placed in Ford facilities before they could hire any of them. So that is 12k jobs that they would have to find before they would get over that 20%. Never going to happen and if it did, in 2015 it goes back to 20%.

Skilled trades mechanical teams, we have already agreed to this in Feb of this year. They were going to pilot 2 plants. Since Feb. there have been other plants that wanted to pilot, so it was agreed to have 2 plants in VO, 2 Plants in stamping and 2 plants in powertrain implement the mechanical teams. The new agreement allows them to be implemented at all locations and all those recent skilled trades that were laid off and excepted production jobs will be paid their skilled rate of pay.

You know what, maybe your right...we can outsource our union reps to the koreans who are willing to sitdown, we can cut the pay and number of intl reps since they don't perform anyway, and we haven't needed them in 33 years anyway... what else...oh yeah if we needed a liar, we already got mulally.

As cuts go I agree the upper Management could take a pay cut, but for the majority of the salary workforce the GSR employees have been getting hammered on benifits for some time now. Our cost for medical coverage is a lot higher then what UAW employees pay, not even close. I'm a salary employee and have never had anything bad to say about the UAW, everything I had growing up was because my dad retired as a skilled trades GM employee. I guess some people need to understand that the biggest percentage of Fords salary employees the GSR's have given up alot themselfs. I do understand everyone's wages have benifited for what the UAW has fought and stood for for so many years. Good luck and best of wishes for my MANY UAW friends and family. Peace!

Edited by mcanton40

You know what, maybe your right...we can outsource our union reps to the koreans who are willing to sitdown, we can cut the pay and number of intl reps since they don't perform anyway, and we haven't needed them in 33 years anyway... what else...oh yeah if we needed a liar, we already got mulally.

This is an idea that definitely needs some serious consideration..vote no..HELL NO

Amen brother, these A#*holes hit the lottery every year. WTF!!!!

You do realize that the average UAW worker makes more than the average GSR salaried employee, correct?

The UAW has superior benefit packages. Merit increases for salaried folks are currently frozen as well.

I put in my 55 hours per work, send emails out every night and morning, pull reports on the weekends, and am out there trying to move more product so that you can continue to produce vehicles, engines, and parts. Oh yeah, I can't collect OT because I'm salaried.

Please let me know how you define lottery.

I don't complain about your pay structure, your union, and I appreciate the quality improvements and great job you do everyday. We need to keep the rock throwing to a minimum, as Joe Q. Public is looking at all of our posts. Thanks.

Put a Monkey in a vest and give him a walkie talkie and he or she is a Supervisor at Ford Don't forget to teach them how to panic if the line stops

FPS Coordinators or Team Leaders run the lines everything with a vest and radio is a waste of money unless its means profit to pay someone with a college

degree to pace the floor and panic demand quanity over quality

But do we really need 3 stupidvisors watching 1 man doing a repair in station and telling each other over the walkie talkie/radio why theres a line stop?

My stupidvisor pays me panics if the line stops paces alot and at the end of the shift brings around a chart showing how many line stops you had :banghead:

And they pay this moron how much ? :shades:

I believe with all my heart that Walter Reuther would turn in his grave, if he could see what past and current leaders have done to his beloved union. It would be fair to say that if Walter were still leading this once great union, it would not be in the shape it is today. The noose is seriously tightening on UAW workers in this country.

The 2-tier wage system you mentioned is a disgrace to our union. This 2-tier system will eventually be reduced to 1-tier of low wage workers after the seniority workers have been bought out or retire with the resulting profits going to the GM Corp.

Working conditions will be unbearable for the new generation of workers with unattainable production standards, gestapo tactics by management, no health and safety standards and weaker union representation. This will all lead to a lower standard of living for workers and their families. As time goes on, the company will get bolder and bolder while the union gets weaker and weaker.

STILL CONFUSE

America the rich are flourishing while our manufacturing middle class is evaporating. Our workers have given their entire lives to advance these American based multi-national auto companies. It seems like the corporations, our government and even the workers’ own unions are failing them. Negotiations are now under way to secure a new auto pact expiring in September with Detroit’s automakers. These auto companies have been on an intensified roll to shutter American plants, cut protective work rules, slice wages, go to unfair two-tiered wage

configurations, speed up assembly lines and move production to low wage countries. As a powerful historic union leader ,Walter Reuther have left a vast legacy of working throughout his career to garner all of the benefits that are now disappearing. What is happening here? What does this mean for workers, retirees and their families? What does this mean for our next generation? What does this mean for America? What obstacles do you see facing the union going forward with these companies?

You do realize that the average UAW worker makes more than the average GSR salaried employee, correct?

The UAW has superior benefit packages. Merit increases for salaried folks are currently frozen as well.

I put in my 55 hours per work, send emails out every night and morning, pull reports on the weekends, and am out there trying to move more product so that you can continue to produce vehicles, engines, and parts. Oh yeah, I can't collect OT because I'm salaried.

I don't complain about your pay structure, your union, and I appreciate the quality improvements and great job you do everyday. We need to keep the rock throwing to a minimum, as Joe Q. Public is looking at all of our posts. Thanks.

seems as though workers are being blackmailed to give back 70 years of bargained gains while company executives laugh all of the way to the bank with their million dollar bonuses. What are your thoughts relative to the direction that current UAW officials are taking in regards to concessions and redefining the UAW?

I believe the company is hoodwinking the union. Our leaders are taking the company’s word on anything they tell them. We need to know the truth about the company’s constant plea of poverty. Solidarity House has always employed some of the finest attorneys and accountants, and it is time we put them to good use.

My thoughts on concessions are that concessions lead to elimination of jobs and the unions’ ability to function. Can anyone show me one new UAW job that has been created by concessions?

As to the redefining of the union, I think that if our union leadership does not wise up and quit buying into all of the company lies, it will only be a matter of time before the company wants to do away with union representation entirely.

I agree with your post but some people only have tunnel vision and refuse to see both sides. It's a losing battle my brother.

Well said, on all points. Especially about Joe Q. Public looking at all of these posts. What you have said about salaried people having their incomes frozen, for several years now, is doubly true for the majority of the Joe Q. Public work force, which is overwhelming white collar and under paid compared to all of the auto makers, including the transplants. I've been saying for years that rock throwing has to be kept to a minimum, because there are plenty of people in the public with an axe to grind against the Detroit auto makers, especially the hourly personnel. Don't give these people more ammunition.