Is this accurate, does anyone really know?

Wanderinglost

Taken from the Detroit News today:

It is true that Ford had hoped to negotiate a broad "no strike" agreement similar to ones reached with General Motors Co. and Chrysler Group LLC earlier this year. But the Dearborn automaker fell short of that goal. The tentative agreement only limits the union's right to strike in disputes over pay and benefit increases. If Ford tried to cut workers' pay or benefits, they would still be allowed to strike

I'm actually wondering if this last part is accurate, can we still strike if they try to take it away? I've asked this before here and can't get an answer. I know this has been argued in the forums before, but I thought I'd try again and see if anyone else has managed to get a satisfactory answer about this.

Taken from the Detroit News today:

It is true that Ford had hoped to negotiate a broad "no strike" agreement similar to ones reached with General Motors Co. and Chrysler Group LLC earlier this year. But the Dearborn automaker fell short of that goal. The tentative agreement only limits the union's right to strike in disputes over pay and benefit increases. If Ford tried to cut workers' pay or benefits, they would still be allowed to strike

I'm actually wondering if this last part is accurate, can we still strike if they try to take it away? I've asked this before here and can't get an answer. I know this has been argued in the forums before, but I thought I'd try again and see if anyone else has managed to get a satisfactory answer about this.

The actual language in the white pages is to vague and i think Ford will use it, :banghead: in the near future screw us over!!!! :banghead:

What I see is we can't strike for more wages and benefits. It also has language that we agree to competitive wages based on our competitors including foreign transplants. So to me it's not really clear, but if I had to venture a guess, if we tried to strike, IUAW and the company would say we voted to make our wages competitive and would not authorize a strike. I'm sure the arbitrators would see it the same way too.