Toyota wants country creed

I thought signing up with Ford was a bonus for Toby Keith, give him a little shot in the arm. I feel sorry for Brooks and Done.

I don't know that Brooks and Dunn have the current starpower that Toby Keith does either. That said, I feel like they cater to a slightly older crowd (correct me if I'm wrong). I like B and D, but Toby puts on a hell of a show.

It does worry me though. A lot. They may start with that in Texas, but you know it'll expand across the US (their marketing efforts) where the resolution to buy a 'real' truck might not be as strong and Toyota already has market dominance.

I'm waiting to see what Billy/Fields etc have to counter this. Even if it takes a long time (10 years) I think if Toyota is as persistant as they have been, domestic trucks will be in trouble.

Sorry.... but I don't think Toyota's going to be too successful getting Scott Stapp and his ex-bandmates to reunite and cross over into the world of Country Music.

:lol:

-Ovaltine

NOTE: For those of you who don't have the slightest clue regarding my attempt at humor above, refer to the post's subject line and look up what band Scott Stapp used to be in.

Edited by Ovaltine

Sorry.... but I don't think Toyota's going to be too successful getting Scott Stapp and his ex-bandmates to reunite and cross over into the world of Country Music.

:lol:

-Ovaltine

NOTE: For those of you who don't have the slightest clue regarding my attempt at humor above, refer to the post's subject line and look up what band Scott Stapp used to be in.

Hahah- very funny, Ovaltine. Speaking of that genre of music, they could potentially get another American Idol doing the bold moves stuff- Chris whatever his name is.

He's got a similar sound and he's probably a tenth of the price!

I'll take a ford taurus any day that was in a nasty wreck, caught fire and burned 95% of itself, had it's engine taken out, etc that I would have to push to work over a toyota, period! :finger:

I'll never accept toyota to be as american as apple pie, they really need to quit wasting their money to convince people they are a part of automotive history in this country. they aren't, and never will be!