Latest happenings around here....

The new procurement Sgt came in and asked me about ford diesels and if there were any available in vans. (time of the year to purchase new vehicles, those who remember last year I influenced the sale of 66 I think it was new fords instead of dodges and chevies, hehehe) Well anyway, he was asking because they are not in the order guide. (A binder with all makes showing what is available for purchase) I said the new diesel wouldn't fit in the econolines so it's gas only. (I forgot ok?)

He said another base got a couple 09 e-350's with diesels? DOH! And I'm the resident ford freak...

I call up the local dealership and ask about diesels in an econoline/cab and chassis. Yup is his reply, they sorted that out. GREAT I said, we want 5 cab and chassis...nope can't have them. Why not? They are all spoken for, they are not building anymore this year and the ones built are spoken for! We have to wait until April 2010 to get a 010 diesel cab/chassis! CRAP! We're buying now!

So, is this true? Dean, Chief? No more diesel 09 e-series this year??

Second topic;

A guy bought a flex a couple months ago and was in love with it after only owning honda's. Well still loves it but has had the following issues, right door locks again when you unlock it. (has had the computor reflashed etc, still doing it) Key fob went dead, new batt under warranty, good now.

So, he still brags about it, still loves it..and convinced a fellow worker to exchange a accord for a fusion. Our parking lot in front of headquarters is slowly going from imports to ford.

Got more but got to run...fords perception is doing awesome around here by non-automotive people.

You wouldn't be USAF flight maint AMSE would you?

Last early summer I had a chat with an old friend, and the gist was that the USAF thought that its early lead in green energy procurement was a subtle recruiting agent, and the spin was fantastic. He also thought that the low profile of the current AF was a reason to plan for BY 11, and he wanted line vans that didn't burn petro or hard start was a potential, not a liability. He suggested that the old 'Maro's that lead the U2 mod birds down to touch was a talking point for the newbies, and the idea of playing with new things was a sales tool. We joked about the old dually shortened pickups that we spun for fun, and the leftover crew cab long boxes with dead cheeseburgers that no one requested anymore.

He has also outlasted me by 7 years, and that was the reason I made a point of talking to him at the symposium.

There is a leading niche there, and it would do well for the military to take the reigns, if for no other reasons.

There are plenty of other reasons...wonder if?

No, Canadian Army. Kind of a green push I suppose, just need vehicles to continue the bio fuel test. We bought 4 Setra buses and then found out that bio gums up the pdf and a bunch of other issues. Basically if we can't get diesel ford vans (which are run around the clock here almost) then we'll have to get more f-350/f-450's. we don't have any dodge or GM diesels in civy pattern trucks. Of course we have the milcot and they have duramax's, but they are mil spec for the most part. I suppose too, if you include the MLVW then you could include the fuel pincher 8.2's also.

Just trying to get 12-16 pax diesel fords..totally surprised that they are not only, not available, but not even on the list.