layoffs coming to lep?

lampshade

We are hearing in cep-2 that Lima is having a permanent layoff of 30-40 people by the first of the year? Supposedly, the ex-chairman of Lima, Donny Hinegarten ? told some of our people this. He has someone in labor relations at lep that told him.

Not going to happen first of all and secondly never I repeat NEVER believe a word Hinegartner says..

I,m still trying to find out how 2 employees got there original seniority give to them after quitting at batavia and rehiring lima.

This happened because of a dirty backroom deal that gives the general public a negative view of unions. People like hinegartner..brett fox..john paradore should be in jail instead of still working ..bunch of dirty low life scum ..the kind of scum that gives the uaw a bad name..

This happened because of a dirty backroom deal that gives the general public a negative view of unions. People like hinegartner..brett fox..john paradore should be in jail instead of still working ..bunch of dirty low life scum ..the kind of scum that gives the uaw a bad name..
I couldn,t agree more hell for awhile I thought the former batavia (zf) workers were gonna have a bronze statue of fox erected at the entrance to the plant for all the good deeds he done for them. zfers love him!

We are hearing in cep-2 that Lima is having a permanent layoff of 30-40 people by the first of the year? Supposedly, the ex-chairman of Lima, Donny Hinegarten ? told some of our people this. He has someone in labor relations at lep that told him.

The management team of drunks were at the local watering hole down the street saying the same thing a few nights ago. I'll bet it's true!

The management team of drunks were at the local watering hole down the street saying the same thing a few nights ago. I'll bet it's true!

I'd be willing to bet that the management team has a "Task". And that task is to cut heads. Soon they will task themselves right out of a job, as they cut the hourly workforce, they too become less needed.

Yep your right. They like to go to the shack so they can drop hints to the stupid hourly people on how they are going to screw them. Buy them a beer and the stupid hourly will go for anything. I was told by higher up company and Union officials that they are going to lay off 30 to 40 and that is puninshment for not passing the national agreement. They will cut the hourly so they can get more supervisors in the areas to keep things running. They are instructed to write-up anyone for anything they can to disqualify and fire people.

Yep your right. They like to go to the shack so they can drop hints to the stupid hourly people on how they are going to screw them. Buy them a beer and the stupid hourly will go for anything. I was told by higher up company and Union officials that they are going to lay off 30 to 40 and that is puninshment for not passing the national agreement. They will cut the hourly so they can get more supervisors in the areas to keep things running. They are instructed to write-up anyone for anything they can to disqualify and fire people.

Will the real 2-dogs please stand up?

I think 30 or 40 salaried jobs could be cut . The whole place is practically run by hourly people now. Minimal salaried input.

Lets hope they finally decide to get serious about cleaning house .

I'd be willing to bet that the management team has a "Task". And that task is to cut heads. Soon they will task themselves right out of a job, as they cut the hourly workforce, they too become less needed.

they are not needed now...this plant would run much cheaper ..better quality..without them.. probably save at least 6 million a year if we could just lay them all off.

Has anyone found out if any of this is true for sure? What does your union say? If so, it doesn't make sense, Cep-2 and Lep are both getting additional work. Why cut back?

• 3 weeks later...

Justice will be served soon! Santa Clause is coming to town and he is pissed. I'll bet its over by Christmas.

same thing at R.E.P. there has been more people written up and given major time off in the last month than i can ever remember.