Another round of buyouts

MTP'er

Here at ISA another round of buyouts are being offered but there the same as the old one. I think they said $40,000 cash or $20,000 car voucher and $20,000 cash. They couldn't get people to take it before so I guess they think they'll take it now? :stats:

Here at ISA another round of buyouts are being offered but there the same as the old one. I think they said $40,000 cash or $20,000 car voucher and $20,000 cash. They couldn't get people to take it before so I guess they think they'll take it now? :stats:

any official notification??

any official notification??

Just got letter in mail.....

2 offers at the Chicago Plant..

Special Reirement Incentive ( SRI )

Special Termination of Employment ( STEP )

Nov 30 to Dec 18

for

Ford Chicago Assembly Plant non-skill

Ford Chicago Aseembly Plant skilled hourly employees in the Waste Disposal Operator classification only

If they really want the numbers to go up so they can hire "new lower rate employees" they should at least offer the same thing they did in the very first round. lets face it, the rules have changed since then. There was always the gen pool, now it's gone. I think if they offered the 4 year college plan with 50% pay they would get more than enough takers. To get a good degree in the medical field (what we would need to make even pay) it takes 4 years of school. Seems to me that all the old times that where ever going to leave have left, and all we have are the ones that will go out under the " toe tag retirement plan", if thats what they so choose then so be it. The company and the IUAW need to shift the focus on the other people that might be inclined to leave. Just my 2 cents worth

Just got letter in mail.....

2 offers at the Chicago Plant..

Special Reirement Incentive ( SRI )

Special Termination of Employment ( STEP )

Nov 30 to Dec 18

for

Ford Chicago Assembly Plant non-skill

Ford Chicago Aseembly Plant skilled hourly employees in the Waste Disposal Operator classification only

not a word in KC

The only thing that triggers packages right now is an ILO (or event) and only for the number that are effected.

More trades heading to production in the rouge on Monday not to mention the tool and die plant with a big "hole" in the work load through 2010. There will be 118 (out of aprox. 170) tool and die makers laid off at the peak starting in Feb and ending in Sept.

More trades heading to production in the rouge on Monday not to mention the tool and die plant with a big "hole" in the work load through 2010. There will be 118 (out of aprox. 170) tool and die makers laid off at the peak starting in Feb and ending in Sept.

Why are they cutting that many diemakers?

Why are they cutting that many diemakers?

The cuts are not Perm....just from Feb-Sept 2010, Like I said there's a hole in the program schedule. There will be 4 ILO's soon (was going to be today but union got them delayed) When the crown vic production ends we will loose t&d in the engine plant and the frame plant not sure on the numbers yet. Not looking good though for 2010.

The cuts are not Perm....just from Feb-Sept 2010, Like I said there's a hole in the program schedule. There will be 4 ILO's soon (was going to be today but union got them delayed) When the crown vic production ends we will loose t&d in the engine plant and the frame plant not sure on the numbers yet. Not looking good though for 2010.

I actually did hear today that they are taking buy-outs to the board of directors. They want another 2% reduction in work force, but I am also hearing the total US sales is on the up swing. Projected 12.5M units sold next year. that is HUGE!

I actually did hear today that they are taking buy-outs to the board of directors. They want another 2% reduction in work force, but I am also hearing the total US sales is on the up swing. Projected 12.5M units sold next year. that is HUGE!

tell them to incude every one. (skilled trades) and hurry up LOL

Bring back the 10yrs service and min age 50 and I'm out.

Tell them to put the 4 year school plan back in. I'll run like a purse snatcher down Winchester street!!

12.5 I have a feeling we'll be hoping for 10 by next years end, although hynduai might take up the slack.