Norfolk TPT's

Ok,Ill go against the grain here and provide some info. Along with what I mentioned before about how many tpt's they are looking to hire,the nurse in medical said that she had about 300 physicals to do by the end of next week. I dont believe that they are going to hire that many all at once,rather it seems as if they are just trying to get enough people (tpt's) tested and cleared INCASE they need to call more. I dont know if there are any lines to read between there,but you can draw your own conclusions. :runaway:

p.s.-remember.Labor relations told me that they were looking to hire 50 right off the bat,and they had about 20 hired so far(probably more now). That was earlier this week.

P.S.S-Supervisor said that our plants absenteeism is at 16%,and that if they didnt need the trucks,we would be down now.And dont forget people,under that last contract,they made it easier for Ford to discipline people who abuse medical and lay out to much.Soooo,watch your ass folks, if you fall into that catagory especially with tpts coming onboard.

Edited by NorfolkBuilt

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for helping to prove my point "friend". :slap:

p.s.-Im Wednesday afternoon quarterbacking. Monday was a couple days ago jus so you know. :happy feet:

Anyhow.I spoke with the lady in labor relations (forget her name,not Linda).She told me that they are looking for about 50 TPT's,and that they have gotten about 20 so far.They are mainly trying to call back people who have already been tpt's before,or have already been tested.But if you know someone interested in being a tpt for the summer,have them to to the unemployment office.Its a long shot of them getting called,but it doesnt hurt.

If anyone that does not have a hook up with the union they will not be hired. Valerie Reynolds in Labor Relations will only do what Chairman Ed Hay tells her to do.

If anyone that does not have a hook up with the union they will not be hired. Valerie Reynolds in Labor Relations will only do what Chairman Ed Hay tells her to do.

Sad thing is your probably right,but I have a feeling thats how most of us got hired though.Backdoor handshakes etc.I didnt talk to Valerie though. The lady I talked to is actually liked by hourly people,lol.

First they're calling all the tpt's they laid off a couple of years ago. A friend of mine was a tpt that got laid off and he just got a call last week to work for two years. They're tired of asking dayshift to work doubles because nobody is coming to work on nights.

Edited by fordnapworker1993

Ok,Ill go against the grain here and provide some info. Along with what I mentioned before about how many tpt's they are looking to hire,the nurse in medical said that she had about 300 physicals to do by the end of next week. I dont believe that they are going to hire that many all at once,rather it seems as if they are just trying to get enough people (tpt's) tested and cleared INCASE they need to call more. I dont know if there are any lines to read between there,but you can draw your own conclusions. :runaway:

p.s.-remember.Labor relations told me that they were looking to hire 50 right off the bat,and they had about 20 hired so far(probably more now). That was earlier this week.

P.S.S-Supervisor said that our plants absenteeism is at 16%,and that if they didnt need the trucks,we would be down now.And dont forget people,under that last contract,they made it easier for Ford to discipline people who abuse medical and lay out to much.Soooo,watch your ass folks, if you fall into that catagory especially with tpts coming onboard.

Well, if that 16% figure is accurate all we need is several more down months in sales like April and May and we all may be seeing them make their move alot sooner than later and I know I don't speak for myself when I say I don't blame people for being pissed off so much that they lay out and if Ford wants us closed then well....maybe they will be getting their wish well before 2008.

I just hope for everybody's benefit they treat us with enough dignity to offer the buyouts to us just like everybody else seems to be getting instead of using us as pawns and screwing us at the end.

P.S. I would be curious to find out if that 16% is alot more than our normal absenteeism levels.

Anybody know ?

Well, if that 16% figure is accurate all we need is several more down months in sales like April and May and we all may be seeing them make their move alot sooner than later and I know I don't speak for myself when I say I don't blame people for being pissed off so much that they lay out and if Ford wants us closed then well....maybe they will be getting their wish well before 2008.

I just hope for everybody's benefit they treat us with enough dignity to offer the buyouts to us just like everybody else seems to be getting instead of using us as pawns and screwing us at the end.

P.S. I would be curious to find out if that 16% is alot more than our normal absenteeism levels.

Anybody know ?

First you have those that continually come on here and talk about how they deserve to fuck the company and don't give a shit about what kind of quality they build because Ford "screwed them". Then you have all those that second them and agree wtih them, and then in the next sentence you guys all want buyout packages? Hmm. If you were in a position of power within the upper brass of them company, and you heard some of these things along with watching your absenteeism costs skyrocket while your quality numbers decline which also ends in additional cost, would you offer "packages" willingly to that location? Do you think they feel it's deserved in this case? Again, I am sure that it is a horrible thing to have to endure (a plant closing) but by and large, this is being handled very poorly and immaturely by the majority of people at NAP, at least those that post here. It would seem to me that people would be better served to show the company that they are deserving of these package offers, the current way seems to not be working very well!

First you have those that continually come on here and talk about how they deserve to fuck the company and don't give a shit about what kind of quality they build because Ford "screwed them". Then you have all those that second them and agree wtih them, and then in the next sentence you guys all want buyout packages? Hmm. If you were in a position of power within the upper brass of them company, and you heard some of these things along with watching your absenteeism costs skyrocket while your quality numbers decline which also ends in additional cost, would you offer "packages" willingly to that location? Do you think they feel it's deserved in this case? Again, I am sure that it is a horrible thing to have to endure (a plant closing) but by and large, this is being handled very poorly and immaturely by the majority of people at NAP, at least those that post here. It would seem to me that people would be better served to show the company that they are deserving of these package offers, the current way seems to not be working very well!

Um, its called human nature.

Exactly what did Ford think the people's reaction would be?

The ONLY reason Ford gave was that building in Norfolk cost $300 more per truck due to transportation cost. That's it! Hell, Ford gave $4000 cash back on top of the deal when I bought my '06 F-150 in April. By the way what corporate genius thought it was necessary to give $4000 of profit away on every truck when sales had been increasing for many months? Don't companies usually cut the price drastically only when sales are slow?

As part of the "Way Forward" program Ford is closing 2 of it's best plants Atlanta and Norfolk. You think the people at NAP are handling this poorly, I think Ford is making poor business decisions.

Edited by F250

Not everyone in the Plant acts and sounds like certain individuals in this forum. Many people still have enough pride in themselves to continue to to the job they are paid to do at a respectable level.

and why don't I beleive that?

It dont matter to me if you believe it or not, I've not once said on this site that I dont do my job or sabotage trucks, I just dont do anything extra for them anymore, but I have seen some shit go down the line ,some shit in wrap,you name it.Did it go out the door? I know some of the shit has because engineers okayed it!

It dont matter to me if you believe it or not, I've not once said on this site that I dont do my job or sabotage trucks, I just dont do anything extra for them anymore, but I have seen some shit go down the line ,some shit in wrap,you name it.Did it go out the door? I know some of the shit has because engineers okayed it!

that's got to make you feel good about yourself.....you showed them.....we'd all be better off if you just find another job and leave...

Quality off the end of the flat top (2nd shift), is the same or if not better than before April 13th! Fact! Salary are the ones pumping junk out the doors! Fact! We still have our bad days but overall we run good. Most of our problems come from the new blend number system, which is a pain in the ass. Also alot of you guys need to lightin' up and stop being so thin skinned because most of these guys are just talking crazy mess to stir ya'll up.

Quality off the end of the flat top (2nd shift), is the same or if not better than before April 13th! Fact! Salary are the ones pumping junk out the doors! Fact! We still have our bad days but overall we run good. Most of our problems come from the new blend number system, which is a pain in the ass. Also alot of you guys need to lightin' up and stop being so thin skinned because most of these guys are just talking crazy mess to stir ya'll up.

Please consult with Dr. Country if you people have anymore issues :sos: ...he has helped me with my anger management! :hysterical: