Rebates question on Explorer

I am looking into buying a new Explorer for the wife I noticed that Ford is giving $4000 off do you think the rebates will get better ? there are still alot of these on the dealer lots, any thoughts if I should wait a little

Thanks

I am looking into buying a new Explorer for the wife I noticed that Ford is giving $4000 off do you think the rebates will get better ? there are still alot of these on the dealer lots, any thoughts if I should wait a little

Thanks

$4K on an 06? i have not heard of that amount... yet :doh:

Does anyone know when the 07 Explorer comes to the dealers lots ? I still notice alot of 06's on the lots ,are they not selling ? has gas effected that many people that Ford is taking a hit in the SUV's

• 1 month later...

lapsergio,

The Expedition started down the assmebly line this week... do you have info from a Ford doc that says Explorer is 2 months later? The Job1 doc says assembly starts 7/31 at one plant and 8/14 at another... not two months from now.

Jeff

Edited by jscozz

lapsergio,

The Expedition started down the assmebly line this week... do you have info from a Ford doc that says Explorer is 2 months later? The Job1 doc says assembly starts 7/31 at one plant and 8/14 at another... not two months from now.

Jeff

Job one is 8/7/06.

Anyone know what teh average time frame is from rolling off assembly line to going out on the car carrier? I know the trip to the dealer depends on where in the country teh dealer is... but how long do they usually sit at teh factory until beginning transport?

Does the assembly process take a few hours? 1 day? 2 days? Always been curious how long it takes an Explorer to roll from start of line to finish...

Anyone know what teh average time frame is from rolling off assembly line to going out on the car carrier? I know the trip to the dealer depends on where in the country teh dealer is... but how long do they usually sit at teh factory until beginning transport?

Does the assembly process take a few hours? 1 day? 2 days? Always been curious how long it takes an Explorer to roll from start of line to finish...

I think it is around 16 hours but don't quote me on that.