dvd player install?

pony power

I want to install the OEM dvd player in my 2008 limited I have the rear audio controls in the center console. I was wondering if the wiring harness for the dvd player is installed in all Expy's from the factory, and will it work with the audio controls in the back seat?

I want to install the OEM dvd player in my 2008 limited I have the rear audio controls in the center console. I was wondering if the wiring harness for the dvd player is installed in all Expy's from the factory, and will it work with the audio controls in the back seat?

Im pretty sure the harness is not already installed. Do you have Nav or Sync or Sat radio? If you have Sat radio it runs through the DVD player also. You would have to install the roof harness and ofcourse the DVD bracket and hardware. It can be done, just not easily. It will take some work. Check with your dealer and ask them to contact their radio center to see if they offer any "kits". Have you thought of doing the head rest DVD? It won't work from the console controls, but it is a nice kit and works well.

Im pretty sure the harness is not already installed. Do you have Nav or Sync or Sat radio? If you have Sat radio it runs through the DVD player also. You would have to install the roof harness and ofcourse the DVD bracket and hardware. It can be done, just not easily. It will take some work. Check with your dealer and ask them to contact their radio center to see if they offer any "kits". Have you thought of doing the head rest DVD? It won't work from the console controls, but it is a nice kit and works well.

I do not have nav or sync i thought the oem would look better than the headrest model but if it's going to be too big a PITA i'll look at the headrest option

I do not have nav or sync i thought the oem would look better than the headrest model but if it's going to be too big a PITA i'll look at the headrest option

I agree, it would look good. But it will take some time to work it out. You could try and find a wrecked expy and get the harness from. If your handy with wiring and modifications you could do it. If you need wiring diagrams let me know I can get you some. You also may have to have your radio reprogramed by the dealer to turn on the DVD controls.

Thanks I'll look on E'Bay I might get lucky...I have a question off topic do you have any idea what color wire supplies voltage to the driver's side power window??

I agree, it would look good. But it will take some time to work it out. You could try and find a wrecked expy and get the harness from. If your handy with wiring and modifications you could do it. If you need wiring diagrams let me know I can get you some. You also may have to have your radio reprogramed by the dealer to turn on the DVD controls.

Thanks I'll look on E'Bay I might get lucky...I have a question off topic do you have any idea what color wire supplies voltage to the driver's side power window??

Since its a auto up/down window. There two power wires going to motor/module on drivers door. Power all the time is Red. Power that is only on when key is on or before accessory delay is turned off is Blue. They go directly to the motor. Not the switch.

Hope this answers your question.

passenger side window is gray and yellow but that's after the master adjust from the driver's door...so is wire solid blue?

Since its a auto up/down window. There two power wires going to motor/module on drivers door. Power all the time is Red. Power that is only on when key is on or before accessory delay is turned off is Blue. They go directly to the motor. Not the switch.

Hope this answers your question.

passenger side window is gray and yellow but that's after the master adjust from the driver's door...so is wire solid blue?

The passenger windows power wire is Gray and yellow. But that power is determined by the lock out switch on master switch to disable. There two key on power sources at the drivers door. A solid blue that goes to the motor directly and a green and blue that goes to the master window switch. The other door has that Gray and yellow that is has key on power but it can be interupted with the window lock out switch.

Thanks I'm tring to wire in a switched power device and I wired it to the gray and yellow wire on the passenger side, it works but I can't lock the windows without turning off my receiver

thanks for the info

The passenger windows power wire is Gray and yellow. But that power is determined by the lock out switch on master switch to disable. There two key on power sources at the drivers door. A solid blue that goes to the motor directly and a green and blue that goes to the master window switch. The other door has that Gray and yellow that is has key on power but it can be interupted with the window lock out switch.