Medical Mutual and Medco

molder

I have had Medical Mutual of Ohio ( TCN ) since Jan 1 2010 and from what i have seen so far it is not very good. I have received statments from them for doctor visits which did include some test for my wife and me and it does not look like they want to pay for anything. I am still waiting for a bill from my doctor. My wife has many medical problems and she has to go to the doctors office quite regular and i can see that this will most likely cost me a lot of out of pocket expense. Now on the Medco topic i think they are a bunch of liars. I just ordered 2 perscriptions for my wife online on 4-8-10 and i received a message that i had to take some forms to my doctor and he had to fax them the perscriptions. They where faxed the same day. They were supposed to be shipped on 4-16-10. I checked on 4-16-10 and the web site now said they would not be shipped untill 4-21-10. My wife called up Medco and they gave her the runaround and said they were still being processed even though the website said they would be shipped on 4-16-10 ealier in the week. The person told her they would now ship them 4-19-10 and they would pay for a short supply of meds for my wife at our local phamacy. Well ten min after getting of the phone we received a message from Medco that our order could not be processed. My wife called Medco back and they told her they had no record of my wifes order at first and then they found it. Thet confirmed what my wife was told before. My wife than went to our local pharmacy later that day to get her small supply of meds and they told her Medco would not pay for them. Well my wife than called Medco back and with the pharmist help was able to get Medco to pay for the small order. Well now this is a day later and I just checked the order online and it now shows the order will not be shipped untill 4-22-10 . I have checked online about complaints with Medco and there are pages and pages of complaints about them. Well I say Medco really sucks !

• Like 1

I have had Medical Mutual of Ohio ( TCN ) since Jan 1 2010 and from what i have seen so far it is not very good. I have received statments from them for doctor visits which did include some test for my wife and me and it does not look like they want to pay for anything. I am still waiting for a bill from my doctor. My wife has many medical problems and she has to go to the doctors office quite regular and i can see that this will most likely cost me a lot of out of pocket expense. Now on the Medco topic i think they are a bunch of liars. I just ordered 2 perscriptions for my wife online on 4-8-10 and i received a message that i had to take some forms to my doctor and he had to fax them the perscriptions. They where faxed the same day. They were supposed to be shipped on 4-16-10. I checked on 4-16-10 and the web site now said they would not be shipped untill 4-21-10. My wife called up Medco and they gave her the runaround and said they were still being processed even though the website said they would be shipped on 4-16-10 ealier in the week. The person told her they would now ship them 4-19-10 and they would pay for a short supply of meds for my wife at our local phamacy. Well ten min after getting of the phone we received a message from Medco that our order could not be processed. My wife called Medco back and they told her they had no record of my wifes order at first and then they found it. Thet confirmed what my wife was told before. My wife than went to our local pharmacy later that day to get her small supply of meds and they told her Medco would not pay for them. Well my wife than called Medco back and with the pharmist help was able to get Medco to pay for the small order. Well now this is a day later and I just checked the order online and it now shows the order will not be shipped untill 4-22-10 . I have checked online about complaints with Medco and there are pages and pages of complaints about them. Well I say Medco really sucks !

Are you a retiree , if so welcome to the great coverage of the VEBAfinger.gif Don't you love it in the paper they sent before the VEBA stated it stated you would see no change in coverage yea right . My wife has had to go to the doctor twice they have not payed for anything yet.

• Like 1

Are you a retiree , if so welcome to the great coverage of the VEBAfinger.gif Don't you love it in the paper they sent before the VEBA stated it stated you would see no change in coverage yea right . My wife has had to go to the doctor twice they have not payed for anything yet.

Yes I am a retiree.

Nice to know that others are having similar problems. Retirees here in Ohio also are experiencing problems with Blue Traditional. What a low blow after being on Blue Preferred previously. Shortly after the Veba was instituted, my spouse was diagnosed with diabetes Type 2 and high blood pressure and it has been a nightmare. Everything from nothing being covered to having old claims from 2009 being kicked back from Medicare to the new contract coverage. I can now understand why doctors are sick of dealing with filing insurance claims for patients. We also went round and round with Medco. Prescriptions were faxed and refused because they claimed the doctor had used a stamp to validate the prescription form when he really had signed it. In the meantime my spouse was about to run out of needed medications. It has been frustrating. Also found that there are only two places we can order diabetes testing supplies and only one of those places can furnish what we need. I was told by a Blue Traditional representative that if we have any questions about what procedures are covered, we can call with the coding for that procedure and they will check it out. I have had non-hodgkins lymphoma and my oncologist sees patients at a specialty clinic at our local hospital. That was handy for me, since I only live 10 minutes from there. Now, I will have to make a 45 minute drive to her office if I don't want to have to pay an extra charge for the facility. So much for things not changing with the Veba coverage. So far, Blue Traditional has paid nothing. I know we are required to meet a deductible, but am wondering if that will ever happen.

• Like 1

Nice to know that others are having similar problems. Retirees here in Ohio also are experiencing problems with Blue Traditional. What a low blow after being on Blue Preferred previously. Shortly after the Veba was instituted, my spouse was diagnosed with diabetes Type 2 and high blood pressure and it has been a nightmare. Everything from nothing being covered to having old claims from 2009 being kicked back from Medicare to the new contract coverage. I can now understand why doctors are sick of dealing with filing insurance claims for patients. We also went round and round with Medco. Prescriptions were faxed and refused because they claimed the doctor had used a stamp to validate the prescription form when he really had signed it. In the meantime my spouse was about to run out of needed medications. It has been frustrating. Also found that there are only two places we can order diabetes testing supplies and only one of those places can furnish what we need. I was told by a Blue Traditional representative that if we have any questions about what procedures are covered, we can call with the coding for that procedure and they will check it out. I have had non-hodgkins lymphoma and my oncologist sees patients at a specialty clinic at our local hospital. That was handy for me, since I only live 10 minutes from there. Now, I will have to make a 45 minute drive to her office if I don't want to have to pay an extra charge for the facility. So much for things not changing with the Veba coverage. So far, Blue Traditional has paid nothing. I know we are required to meet a deductible, but am wondering if that will ever happen.

Yea I know you go from an HMO where you never paid anything and had no trouble to this what a joke the union should be ashamed of their selves. How many people do you think would have retired in the buyouts the few years if they would have known the insurance would have been this screwed up.

• Like 1

Yea I know you go from an HMO where you never paid anything and had no trouble to this what a joke the union should be ashamed of their selves. How many people do you think would have retired in the buyouts the few years if they would have known the insurance would have been this screwed up.

I think a lot of people have a complaint. Its just another LIE The Union and Management team foisted on the un-suspecting. I was told by numerous sources prior to me signing up for the buy out that the insurance would not change. What we got was a pile of CRAP sorry SHIT.. May I suggest to the membership that they begin to take care of this situation with the retirees because one day you will want to be one of us and I'm sure YOU won't want to be deceived like we were. The UNION told us it would be the same insurance and its a far cry. We pay up the ying yang and all they want to do is give us more BULLSHIT. What the F%$# are they good for. I'm sorry, but I don't need any more lying sacks of shit. I have enough with all the crap the UAW has shoveled.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people have a complaint. Its just another LIE The Union and Management team foisted on the un-suspecting. I was told by numerous sources prior to me signing up for the buy out that the insurance would not change. What we got was a pile of CRAP sorry SHIT.. May I suggest to the membership that they begin to take care of this situation with the retirees because one day you will want to be one of us and I'm sure YOU won't want to be deceived like we were. The UNION told us it would be the same insurance and its a far cry. We pay up the ying yang and all they want to do is give us more BULLSHIT. What the F%$# are they good for. I'm sorry, but I don't need any more lying sacks of shit. I have enough with all the crap the UAW has shoveled.

I too am a retiree and I hear endless complaints at our retiree meetings and it is a disgrace. Some areas have HMO's and others don't. We all paid the same union dues over the years and we all should have the same benefits in retirement. I am sick of hearing about the difference in costs. While we were working the union didn't care about our costs. Those who lived in much higher areas for living costs were always told tough when it came to negotiating a cost of living for the area we lived in. Everyone made the same no matter where he/she lived but now in retirement they are singing a different tune. We worked and paid into our benefits over the years and deserve better.

• Like 1

I picked up ins. from my wife's employer thinking that that would help with the "no payment for office calls' by the VEBA. Her ins. is managed by Medical Mutual as well. We have had several claims but all we get from M.M. is a bunch of forms to fill out (same ones over and over).

They can't even decide which one will pay.

• Like 1

I too am a retiree and I hear endless complaints at our retiree meetings and it is a disgrace. Some areas have HMO's and others don't. We all paid the same union dues over the years and we all should have the same benefits in retirement. I am sick of hearing about the difference in costs. While we were working the union didn't care about our costs. Those who lived in much higher areas for living costs were always told tough when it came to negotiating a cost of living for the area we lived in. Everyone made the same no matter where he/she lived but now in retirement they are singing a different tune. We worked and paid into our benefits over the years and deserve better.

Yes I agree with you, everyone pays 30 dollars a month, we should all get the same coverage regardless of were you live. The VEBA criteria for how they negotiate with the insurance companys is stacked against all the areas with closed facilitys that are not in Michigan.

Edited by rn4