Is Ford Paying Attention? Do they care?

RSM

The 1.6 EB would be perfect in the Ranger for me. I read on auto blog that the 2.0 EB is projected to get 30 in the Edge so I can only imagine the Ranger would do just as well if not better especially in 2wd.

There are so many things they could do to keep it alive and bring new life to it. I have made up my mind I will NOT be buying a full size. Dont need one, cant justify the price the fuel and everything else. I had a stripper 89 S10 with a 4 banger and loved that truck aside from the obvious GM flaws I loved it and have owned them with the 4.3 and they dont drive near as good because of all the weight out on the front end.

Throw a 1.6EB in them and advertise the gas mileage and they would fly off the lots. I dont know what Im going to do. I have kicked everything in the world around and even thought of getting a small car but I keep coming back to needing and wanting a Ranger sized pickup with a 4 cylinder stick. Simple, durable, fairly easy on gas and will do everything I need to do 99 percent of the time.

• 1 month later...

Ford already has been doing nothing but continuous tweaks on it for the better part of two decades. The result? Dwindling sales and dwindling profits. You don't make money selling stripper vehicles. Not to mention the Ranger is one of Ford's least safe vehicles these days and is incompatible with a lot of the new features Ford is offering these days. It's due for a new platform.

Yes. Nick tell that to Honda and Toyota. You must be one of the old ford mgt that the news always talked about. Ford needs to continue with this ranger for many reasons and if they can't do that and make a profit fire the boys running that program and get someone who can. My gosh ford had your attitude with small cars years ago and let the japs get a large foothold in the market. If you don't build what buyers want they will go somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

The most frustrating part about the new Ranger is that a lot of us have waited for years driving around our old trusted friends with faith that Ford would eventually replace the Ranger with an updated model. I am now upset that I brought my wife two cars in a row (Volvo then Mountaineer) thinking that eventually Ford would bring me a CrewCab Ranger. A lot of us never bought a new model because there was little difference between a new one and the one sitting in our driveways... And the old one was working just perfectly if getting a little old in the tooth. But when it’s essentially a lateral move there is little incentive for us to replace our perfectly working, if a little old, trucks. Few of us imagined the day when Ford would kill the Ranger... And as such we're faced with a dilemma we hadn't ever considered. And one thing Ford should consider is that when you upset your customers they have a tendency to hold grudges. I understand that Ford's point about a shrinking market, but as the long time dominate player they reaped what they sowed by ignoring the product and letting it die on the vine. Who knows what would have happened if Ford had spent some money on the Ranger instead of putting all its eggs into the F-150. And now all us Ranger folk finally see light at the end of the tunnel with a new superior product being introduced overseas. But like a cruel joke Ford NA tells us to buy a F150, or even more insulting a Fiesta. This is old and two faced when we see the "One Ford" mantra that brings us the Fiesta and new Focus, C-Max, Escape, and soon Fusion and Edge... And to tell the truth now that I've lost all connection to Ford with my granddad long gone and my dad was laid off at Visteon (first sold off then laid off doesn't ender good feelings). I now have little reason to continue to be loyal to Ford. Even the Volvo buy was more based on my wife not wanting a Lincoln LS and me able to rationalize the buy as money going to Dearborn. But if Ford isn't going to sell what I want to buy, then I'll go some other place... Harley didn't make what I wanted in a motorcycle and I ended up happy ridding a British bike... I have no qualms buying an import if the domestics don't make what I want.