Bring Back Mercury Cougar

grimesdr

I hope Ford ends the Mercury line and continues to focus on Ford and Lincoln Brands. At the same time Consider bringing back a Limited Mercury Cougar based off the Mustang and sell them at Lincoln show rooms, and make sure you have the 1969 & 1970 models included.

And maybe also build a Lincoln Sports car off the same platform and call it the Lincoln Mark XIII

As have Ford did with the Mustang bringing it back the late 1960’s muscle car GM did with the Camero and Dodge Challenger. I think it’s a matter of time before someone at GM brings back the Pontiac Firebird name but sells them say in a Cadlliac show room.

Rebadged cars are OK if they are done right

They could also consider exporting the line up as the Ford Cougar over to Europe and Australia

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Ford ends the Mercury line and continues to focus on Ford and Lincoln Brands. At the same time Consider bringing back a Limited Mercury Cougar based off the Mustang and sell them at Lincoln show rooms, and make sure you have the 1969 & 1970 models included.

And maybe also build a Lincoln Sports car off the same platform and call it the Lincoln Mark XIII

As have Ford did with the Mustang bringing it back the late 1960’s muscle car GM did with the Camero and Dodge Challenger. I think it’s a matter of time before someone at GM brings back the Pontiac Firebird name but sells them say in a Cadlliac show room.

Rebadged cars are OK if they are done right

They could also consider exporting the line up as the Ford Cougar over to Europe and Australia

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am that Mercury has been killed off.

• 2 months later...

We're much better off without Mercury. The real qustion is why didn't someone kill it 10 years ago when it was still a good idea.

I think a Mustang-based Lincoln would be a good idea, but don't call it a sports car: it's a "personal luxury vehicle".

The two biggest obstacles are the shape of the roof (it needs to allow grownups to sit in the back), and the rear axle. I don't think a solid rear axle would float with the luxury crowd.

Now who is going to pay $45,000 for a Mustang that isn't fast or a Mustang?